Buying Advice Massey Ferguson 1533

/ Massey Ferguson 1533 #1  

THMF

Hello all, long time reader - first time poster here.

I've been looking for a good tractor in the 30 - 40 HP range for a while now and can't seem to find any good used ones for a less than new price. I found a 2005 Massey Ferguson 1533 with a 1525 loader for 11,000. It is the 8x8 shuttle trans with a SS quick attach on the loader. The tractor looks a little rough, but only has about 500 hours on it. Also has two rear remotes (one for 3-point tilt and the other plumbed to front of loader).

Any thoughts??? This is about half the price of new if I figure right. I'd really rather not spend the money for a new one if I can avoid it. Below is a link to some photos from the seller. It is a little too far away for me to look at until I'm ready to buy and bring it back home with me.

Photos of MF 1533

Thanks in advance,
THMF

/ Massey Ferguson 1533 #2  
The price sounds great, so great that it could be a scam, Dont put any money into this until you have the tractor in tow. I would suggest meeting at a bank and have the money there to pay but only after a notorized bill of sale is delivered and I had the tractor on my trailer ready to drive off. I would also require proof that the tractor financing is paid off. If not, the money owed would have to go to the finance company to pay off then any thing left the guy selling it would get. Most of these too good to be true deals are just that. Lots of scams out there.

/ Massey Ferguson 1533
My biggest concern is that it has been abused. Some of the pictures seem to show more than just average wear and tear.

/ Massey Ferguson 1533 #4  
Is the loader tweaked? The first pic may show it is, but it may be a perspective thing.

IMG_2425.JPG

Last edited:
   / Massey Ferguson 1533 #5  
Is the loader tweaked? The first pic may show it is, but it may be a perspective thing.

My concern exactly. A lot of bumps and bruises for 511 hrs., what does the oils look like.

E/S

/ Massey Ferguson 1533
Well, it was just sold to someone else for 10,500. I guess it was a good price, but the more I think about it, it was just too banged up for me to be comfortable with it. :confused3: