Comparison Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan

/ Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan #1  

AustinTX

Bronze Member
Last week I had decided on a B3200, then talked myself into a BX25, now wondering if the Massey GC2410 might be a better choice. Prior to that I was looking hard at the Yanmar CCs, too.

I like the small footprint of the scts, but the extra power of the 3200 is compelling. I will need a mmm 2x a month, a rototiller regularly and a backhoe would be used freuently if I got one.

My biggest concern is how much of a PITA it will be changing out the attachments. Even the Kubota dealer talked about the problems changing the mmm on the BX 25. He said the 3200 is easier, because there is more clearance to stab the shaft. Evidently the Massey is really apain, but I hear switching out the backhoe is much easier.

I jsut know that I can be kind of lazy by nature and if is an ordeal to take off/put on particular implements, I may procrastinate and not be as productive as I should, considering I am about to drop 20k to increase my productivity.

I'd appreciate thoughts on which of these would be the most pain-free to change attachments on- or if the CC Yanmar is markedly better than any of them (drive-on mmm really good?)

Orange dealler is closest and wins all ties. Yellow and red are 50 miles away, but will deliver for free.

/ Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan
ugh. Just when I think I finally have narrowed the decision down, I re-consider. I have discounted the idea of buying a riding mower because most of the residential machines would be hard-pressed to survive my turf challenges. But tonight I got to thinking that if I use the SCUT or CUT to get the turf in good enough shape, then I could probably use a Home Depot riding mower to maintain the turf. What I have read lately about the capabilities of tillers and box blades to get the lawn in shape, make me confident I can groom it to the level I need to safely mow it with a lawn tractor. That means a mmm is no longer something I am going to pursue. That means I do not have to factor in the time and frustration level of having to constantly be taking the the mower deck on and off. I'll use the 2K I save to by a Husvarna rider at Lowes. I think. At this point.

All I really know is that I have nine yards of landscape mix being dumped in my front yard tomorrow and I need to get it spread around my lawn and garden. And I need to place my order by Tue. afternoon to get it by the end of the week.

/ Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan #3  
You did not state how big your lot is, how much area you will mow and whether you want a lawn or a yard.:laughing:

If your land is more than an acre, you might indeed consider buying a tractor with little or no consideration to it being your lawn mower. If your primary concern/use/desire is to have a tractor, then you can take the whole lawn mowing out of the equation and simplify your thought processes a little better.

Yes, you can buy a decent lawn mower, which would last 7-8 years, for less than the price of an MMM. If your primary use/concern is a fine grassed lawn, then perhaps try to focus on that first.

Last edited:
   / Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan #4  
Yup, need more info on the size of your property. What kind of lot is it? How much in trees/brush/grass/garden etc.

So far from what we have read, I think most would say, rent to get your land flat for grass and buy the Lowes "Riding Mower"... that will give you experience with a tractor and what it can do for you. It will give you insight as to your purchase and make it easier.

5-10 acres I'd go with the B3200. It provides the power for anything you might want. I don't know the other models. But I'm sure there is something in Green and Red and Off Orange that fit that HP range...:D

Decisions decisions... got to love it.

/ Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan #5  
Last week I had decided on a B3200, then talked myself into a BX25, now wondering if the Massey GC2410 might be a better choice. Prior to that I was looking hard at the Yanmar CCs, too.

I like the small footprint of the scts, but the extra power of the 3200 is compelling. I will need a mmm 2x a month, a rototiller regularly and a backhoe would be used freuently if I got one.

My biggest concern is how much of a PITA it will be changing out the attachments. Even the Kubota dealer talked about the problems changing the mmm on the BX 25. He said the 3200 is easier, because there is more clearance to stab the shaft. Evidently the Massey is really apain, but I hear switching out the backhoe is much easier.

I jsut know that I can be kind of lazy by nature and if is an ordeal to take off/put on particular implements, I may procrastinate and not be as productive as I should, considering I am about to drop 20k to increase my productivity.

I'd appreciate thoughts on which of these would be the most pain-free to change attachments on- or if the CC Yanmar is markedly better than any of them (drive-on mmm really good?)

Orange dealler is closest and wins all ties. Yellow and red are 50 miles away, but will deliver for free.

I have a BX24 and really have enjoyed it. The BX25 is identical as far as attachments. As far as changing attachments, I can only comment on the Kubota.
Removing or re-installing the MMM is not terribly difficult but it is a bit of work and takes maybe 10 minutes. Most times, I leave the MMM installed. It raises pretty high so unless I'm heading for the woods, I can do most chores without taking it off. It also adds weight for FEL work. I have loaded tires and seldom need ballast if the MMM is on.

I can't imagine anything being much easier or quicker than the Backhoe. I have a BXpanded dolly and can do it in about 2 minutes or less. I think their website has a video taking it off in about 25 seconds and back on in about 35. Obviously, that guy's had some practice but it is that easy. The GC could be equally as easy but I haven't seen it and just don't know. The FEL is no problem either. It takes me maybe a minute. I have had mine on and off several times in a day depending on what I was doing. I never mow, spray, seed with the loader installed.

/ Really need to decide by Tue: bx25, b3200, gc2410 or ccyan #6  
You say your main job will be a BH. This is no job for a SCUT. I think you need to look at a 25HP cut with some weight behind the thing.

Chris

I only have two acres, but most of it is heavily wooded and will need to be cleared. The remaining area will need a lot of work to transform into a lawn/yard. The soil is only an inch or two deep and then its caliche.

I also need to build a 1200 foot fence and a half mile of decomposed granite trails. I am putting a 2000 sf addition to my house and a couple of outbuildings on the land this spring. I will need to build a courtyard and probably move some dirt around for stormwater detention. I will eventually build more homes on the proeprty, and while I do not intend to do all the excavation for them, I would liek to do what site prep I can that is appropriate for my machine.

I predict my needs would be 30% FEL, 15% backhoe, 15% box blade, 25% tiller and 10% misc. I will also need to mow every week to 10 days, but I am leaning toward getting a seperate lawn tractor for that.

I am pretty sold on a backhoe.

I can get the BX 25 for 17500 and the GC2410 for about the same.

Or I could get the CC yanmar EX3200 TLB for about 22-23K.

I have mild concerns about the weight and size of the cub, and I have mild concerns about the hp capacities of the Kubota and massey.

I have a BX24 and really have enjoyed it. The BX25 is identical as far as attachments. As far as changing attachments, I can only comment on the Kubota.
Removing or re-installing the MMM is not terribly difficult but it is a bit of work and takes maybe 10 minutes. Most times, I leave the MMM installed. It raises pretty high so unless I'm heading for the woods, I can do most chores without taking it off. It also adds weight for FEL work. I have loaded tires and seldom need ballast if the MMM is on.

I can't imagine anything being much easier or quicker than the Backhoe. I have a BXpanded dolly and can do it in about 2 minutes or less. I think their website has a video taking it off in about 25 seconds and back on in about 35. Obviously, that guy's had some practice but it is that easy. The GC could be equally as easy but I haven't seen it and just don't know. The FEL is no problem either. It takes me maybe a minute. I have had mine on and off several times in a day depending on what I was doing. I never mow, spray, seed with the loader installed.

I do not know that I will have a paved surface on which to use the dolly for backhoe. Is it pretty uick without the dolly? Does the base model ahve uick attaches or whatever for adding removing bh & fel or are those optional?

You say your main job will be a BH. This is no job for a SCUT. I think you need to look at a 25HP cut with some weight behind the thing.

Chris

I am sorry, I may have mis-stated that. I predict maybe 10% of the use will be backhoe. But I still have concerns of a 18 hp pto for the bh.