JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts?

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #1  

KRH45

Tractor
JD X585
Great forum. I've been reading for a couple of months..never posted. I have 102 acres. About 65 in field that I have hired out in past to be bush hogged. 30-35 hard wood forest and 4.5 acre lawn. Near term, I have about 1-2 years clean-up along with regular maintenance. Clean-up consists of rock walls, smaller stumps, drainage, trail maint. tree planting etc.. I have talked to the local JD dealer and Kioti dealer. Both good people and excellent reputation. Especially Kioti dealer who is also a friend. Here's what they offered/suggested. JD 4120, Woods BH90x BH, 400x FEL, loaded tires. 43k + tax. 2nd option JD 110BKHO TL backhoe, front/rear hydraulics, factory thumb for 44.7k. No cabs. Kioti dealer. DK50Se Hst Kl401 FEL KB2485 BH r4 loaded tires 38.9k including rebate. Factory cab included. I appreciate any thoughts on the tractors and the deals offered. Thinking of buying in next 2 weeks.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #2  
The JD110 is an engineered TLB. You will get more power out of the loader and backhoe than you will with either of the other tractors. Make sure you get the three point arms and consider the skid plate option if you go with the 110. There is a lot of exposed hydraulics under that tractor that can be damaged if you are working in brush and rocks.

If the cab is important and you will be doing more 3 point implement work than back hoe work then the Kioti is hard to beat. A cab would be nice for brush hogging 65 acres (hope you don't have to do that too often), but can be a hindrance in the woods.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts?
Thanks for the insight. I'm new to this. I got the impression the 110 would be great for the cleanup period, but once I get the the property the way I want it, I'd like to plant the fields with something useful. Brush hogging 65 acres might be a great way to spend some time alone, but not very productive. It has been used for corn and hay in the past. I've had a local approach me about wheat. So other implements in the future are certain. Also, winter is long here and I can use it for snow removal.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #4  
Hard to beat the JD110tlb in my opinion, I have one with a Laurin cab and all extra hydraulics, skid plate, rear stabilizer guards, quick coupler backhoe buckets, PA30 planetary auger, 72HD front bucket RC66 rock bucket, 48" rail pallet forks and the top and tilt hitch. Bought this new in 2005 and have over 600 hrs on it now and very satisfied with it. It is a good backhoe as well as a good tractor.

I also have a 4520 cab 2009 model that allows me to share implements and that is a very important issue, I don't want to have to buy them twice. I would not recomend putting a backhoe on the rear of the 4120 and thinking that it is comparable to the 110tlb, it isn't. The only advantage to a 4120 is that you can get it with a detachable fel.

The 110 is available with three front and three rear outlets so using a grappel for clearing is a plug and play add on. You would have a rocker switch on the joystick to control it with. I also have a Frontier BB1284 boxblade with hydraulic scarifiers, so having the third remote does come in handy. I also recomend the 7 function backhoe so you can have the thumb or planetary auger on the hoe.

I also use the IMatch hitch and combined with top n tilt it allows you to stay in the seat and swap most implements in less than a minute. Enclosed are some pics of the 110tlb with Laurin cab and the topntilt IMatch setup I have for both tractors.

Hope this helps you.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #5  
Here are a few more pics of the top n tilt setup this works with both tractors I had trouble combining these in one post.

Welcome to TBN too.:D

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #6  
Dang! Uploading pics is problematic tonight. Here is the IMatch with a landplane (I hope).

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #7  
I have the 110 TLB like Steve, but no cab. And not as many toys to go with it.

This is the machine for your initial clean up, no doubt about it. And, you have enough of that clean up to buy the machine and worry about downsizing when you have all of your stumps dug, rock walls stacked, drains in and trees planted.

I wouldn't buy one primarily as an agricultural tractor, but it will serve until you are ready to make that decision in a couple of years.

If you go with the 110, get the 4-n-1 FEL bucket, which I find very valuable for dragging logs and trees out of the woods and removing saplings, and the skid plate as has been mentioned.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #8  
... but once I get the the property the way I want it, I'd like to plant the fields with something useful.

All three of the tractors you are looking at are kind of small for working 65 acres. I would lease the land to a local that already has the equipment to work it.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts? #9  
All three of the tractors you are looking at are kind of small for working 65 acres. I would lease the land to a local that already has the equipment to work it.

I agree these are small for working 65 acres but would consider a larger tractor to add later, something like a Deere 6115. Or a Mint 4020 to 4520 old model to go with my other tractors. Mainly for field ground engaging tasks.

/ JD 4120, JD 110 or Kioti 50SE HST thoughts?
You guys all have great points. I guess my initial thought was to get one set up for everything. Seems all three are too small for long term plans. Not sure why the dealers didn't point that out. Could be I wasn't clear enough. I don't want to sublet the land. I hate being indoors, golf got too boring and the kids are old enough where they want to spend some more time with friends. I'm going to look real hard at the 110. Thanks again and I'll take all the advice you guys will give.