Comparison Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey #1  

vlsfarm

Tractor
L3240, Ford 8N 1948
I'm looking at the Kubota L3240, Kioti DK35SE HST and the Massey 1533 Hydro. The pricing between the Kubota and the Massey are pretty close with the Kioti being the less expensive. All have been priced with loaders.

It seems the Kioti may have the more bang for the buck, but am not sure if I would be better off with one of the others.

My use for the tractor is general clean up around the farm and maybe working up some game plots.

Any insite on the tractors would be appreciated.

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey #2  
All are nice tractors. Notwithstanding price, for me, it would come down to tasks at hand. If I were doing a lot of ground engaging/loader work I'd want heavy with good hydraulics. If I were mowing or needed to tow I'd look for lighter with more mower options.

That said I have a Kioti CK25. Bought it because I needed a digger. It's been great at those tasks. But, I would not want to finish mow with it, and towing it requires a 10K lb trailer.

I really like the 1600 series MFs better that the 1500 series.

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey #3  
I agree with gittyup on weight. All are good tractors. As you want a hydro, however, I'd give some extra consideration to the Kubota. Having recently demo'd MF, I believe the Kubota hydro is superior, certainly on features.

I can't speak to Kioti very far unfortunately, not having looked at them in several years. Back then I saw it as a value proposition - good (if heavy) tractor at a very good price. Nothing I've seen on the board leads me to believe that has changed. What has is time, which seems to have proven them reliable.

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey #4  
Also, if your budget support the L3240, you might want to look at the Kioti DK40SE. Probably about the same price as the bota, and you simply cannot have too much HP. Also the loader on the DK40 gives a huge jump in performance.

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey
Got a call from the Massey dealer on the 1533. New promotion this month is a free loader. He's now asking 18900.

He's trying to set the hook, but I haven't completely bit yet.

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey #6  
What is your comfort level on the tractor? What is the quality of the dealer? All three are good machines and you can't really go wrong. I didn't look at a Massey when I bought my tractor, no local dealers. It was between the Kioti and the Kubota, that green paint was just too expensive for me. I chose the Kioti as it was much more comfortable from an ergonomic point of view... for me... also being $3.5K helped. I have 355hrs on my CK30, only issue I have had is a blown seal on the dipper cylinder for the Backhoe. I was told Kioti wanted about $225 for a seal kit, I found the seals online for $20, it took me about an hour to remove cylinder from BH, replace the seals and reinstall. I suspect one of the bucket seals is also gone as the bucket drops about 4" per hr.

My brother has a 1433 Massey that he likes. He looked at the 1533 I'm comparing and thought they had added some better features on it vs the 1433. The dealer has been around for years. I remember as a kid my Dad talking to owner about tractors and implements. He also carries the Kioti line and had me interested in the DK35SE HST and he has it priced at 16,700 for tractor and loader. I like the idea of the rear remote and draft control on the Kioti.
I have also dealt with him in the past on a Simplicity mower.

My use will be general clean up on the farm. Moving dirt and cleaning up brush on field edges. Probably doing some game plot work for Deer hunting also.

The Kioti has the weight and extra features with the remote and draft.
The Massey has the massey brand and some nicety features and with the free bucket it brings into the price range.
The Kubota 3240 I haven't seen yet. They are getting it ready to put on the lot. Will look at it this weekend. I believe it's advantages are the reliability and resale value.

I plan to look at all three on sunday while they are sitting on the lots. Then maybe have them brought to the farm next weekend to try out.
Want to kind of have an idea before I have them all drug out to the farm.

I have narrowed it down between the Massey 1533 and Kubota L3240. They both have pretty much the same features and cost. The Massey dealer is closer to me but have talked to friends that have dealt with the Kubota dealer in Missouri and really like how they stand behind their product. I keep leaning toward the Kubota due to reviews and resale.

I would appreciate any comments to help me decide.

/ Trying to decide between Kubota, Kioti and Massey #9  
How much did the free loader promotion drop the price on the Massey Ferguson? In my shopping experiences, the Massey Ferguson tractors seem to have a better operator's area than the Kubotas. Does the Kubota have extendable ends on the 3-point - they make it much easy hooking up implements.

sf

Free loader dropped the price $3300.00. And yes the Kubota has extendable ends.

One other thing I was not too sure about is the Massey has controls on the fender whereas the Kubota's are tucked in by the seats. Don't know if this might be a problem with the controls getting caught by brush or not.