Buying Advice Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST #1  

Wacky

Veteran Member
Tractor
2010 GC2610
Hello all!! I am a newbie. Been pondering a new small new diesel tractor. I was wanting any comparison (user wise) between these 2 beasts. I like the fact that the Mahindra is wider and I believe longer. I live in western WV and looking for a dealer, and brand, that truly does value a customer near by. I like the idea of financing vs. cash. I like the MF 6 yr. deal. I need a stable tractor with a FEL, backblade, bushhog, and 54" MMM mulcher . I have a fairly steep yard and 90 acre farm, just minor upkeep on the farm nothing major, keeping thru roads clear move firewood etc. Mostly for lawn and driveway maintenance. Maybe a tiller later. Looking for the best product at a good price. I do not mind paying for piece of mind!! If anyone can help me out with any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST #2  
I recommend looking at many more brands and models than just these 2 tractors as you might / probably be missing a half dozen or more tractors that would be better matched for you .
Hello all!! I am a newbie. Been pondering a new small new diesel tractor. I was wanting any comparison (user wise) between these 2 beasts. I like the fact that the Mahindra is wider and I believe longer. I live in western WV and looking for a dealer, and brand, that truly does value a customer near by. I like the idea of financing vs. cash. I like the MF 6 yr. deal. I need a stable tractor with a FEL, backblade, bushhog, and 54" MMM mulcher . I have a fairly steep yard and 90 acre farm, just minor upkeep on the farm nothing major, keeping thru roads clear move firewood etc. Mostly for lawn and driveway maintenance. Maybe a tiller later. Looking for the best product at a good price. I do not mind paying for piece of mind!! If anyone can help me out with any input it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST
Yeah, been looking for over a year now. Have done some looking at the others but not sure which way to go. So similar, but at the same time not, just trying to get more info before I pull the trigger. Would like to know what is a fair, honest price on each of these, who stands behind their product and is respectful of there customers. Have narrowed it down to these 2, wish MF had the 5yr. warranty then I would probably go that route. But alas, that is why I am looking for someone who can show pros and cons of each.

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST #4  
Are you near Charleston? There is a Mahindra dealer in St Albans. I went with Kubota on both Tractors L4400HST and a BX1500 for mowing purposes.

Yes. I am going down to them next weekend, to check out their machines and since they have Mahindra and Cub Cadet/Yanmar I will be doing a side by side w/ those, if they have the 2 I am interested in. Have you dealt with them before??

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST #6  
You are not comparing apples to apples with these 2 tractors. The Mahindra is a small compact, not a sub compact like the GC2400. The Mahindra is just a larger tractor, with more lifting capacity, bigger tires and a heavier tractor. It sounds like, acording what you will be doing the 2216 would be a better choice for the stability you are looking for. The one thing is you will not find a 54" mmm for the Mahindra, as a 60" is all that is available for it. I am not putting the Massey down as it is a good tractor, but size wise they are in a different class than the Mahindra.

You are not comparing apples to apples with these 2 tractors. The Mahindra is a small compact, not a sub compact like the GC2400. The Mahindra is just a larger tractor, with more lifting capacity, bigger tires and a heavier tractor. It sounds like, acording what you will be doing the 2216 would be a better choice for the stability you are looking for. The one thing is you will not find a 54" mmm for the Mahindra, as a 60" is all that is available for it. I am not putting the Massey down as it is a good tractor, but size wise they are in a different class than the Mahindra.

Thank you was not aware of that I thought they were about the same size. I will probably go with the GC 2610 the Massey dealer has but the price of 20500 is making me want to go to Kubota for 18500 I will see about the Massey working price #s more towards Kubota but not looking good!:(

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST #8  
Not sure if Kentucky is local enough for you, but if you want a Kubota, contact Barlow's. They will crush those prices (delivered) and make your decision easy for you. :)

/ Which is tougher GC2400 or Mahindra 2216HST #10  
Is there a specific reason that you arrived at those two tractors? For general road work on 90 acres, I would be looking at a bigger tractor. I would be looking at something no smaller than a compact with a minimum of 30hp. Absolutely nothing that would not handle a good 60" wide implement. How long is your driveway? Sounds like to much money for what your getting. You can easily get a bigger tractor for less money. Are the Massey and Mahindra dealers the best guys around? If so, stay with them, but please check on some other size tractors.