Buying Advice 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #1  

scrivy69

Tractor
2010 JD 2320
I think I found a great deal but this is my first tractor. I was pondering between a brand new JD 2305 and JD 2320, then not a mile from my house a guy is selling a 2007 BX24 loader-backhoe, 60 in mow deck with approximately 30 hrs on the whole unit very clean looks like brand new for $13700.00 the only thing wrong is the hour meter stopped working (to fix $200) so this is why the approximate on the hours. the deck has never been used, the backhoe and loader still shines like new (if used hasnt been much). Just want to get some advice on what I should do . any help would be great.

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #2  
I think you should tell me where the BX 24 is so I can go and buy it and sell it to one of my customers!

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #3  
I would definitely choose the Kubota .
The purchase of aftermarket attachments and parts are considerably cheaper for it and it already has a backhoe attachment.
I am a former technician and service manager at the local new holland/kubota dealership and they are high quality machines

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #4  
The JD 2320 is a larger, and more capable tractor with nice features like position control, steering brakes, etc., and they have the drive over mowing deck........... but if you really need a 2305 sized tractor then the Kubota BX24 is probably the better deal here. Believe me, there is a difference in how much impact the larger tractor will have on your yard if that is mostly where you will be using it. I had both my Kubota B2620, and Simplicity Legacy (1000-1200 lb.) tractors out yesterday doing yard clean up. The Kubota left marks, and shallow ruts in several places that the Simplicity just floated over. Regardless of what many others will say here, I think that the BX / 2305 / MF 2400, etc. are about the maximum size for all around yard work. There are some areas on my yard that I have to mow the same way every time, and after ten years, I can even see compaction from my Simplicity. For work off the yard, extensive loader work, etc. a larger tractor, starting with the JD2320 in size will work out much better in the long run. Though I love larger tractors, I have to admit that the best solution is a tractor for tractor work, and a good mower for the yard work........ up to BX size. If I had to choose just one right now (and I would hate to since I often use both at the same time like yesterday when I was chipping fallen branches into a trailer behind the Simplicity) I would have to choose the 2305 / BX / JD X700 series (if no loader work)) I have both a 3+ acre yard, and woods, rough ground so I like having both. Starting with a clean slate I might buy a larger tractor (B2630 size) and a different mower ( I have a love / hate relationship with the Simplicity mower deck)

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #5  
John Deere does make good tractors, but in this case, I believe the Kubota is going to be the best buy and offer more all around utility.

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #6  
John Deere does make good tractors, but in this case, I believe the Kubota is going to be the best buy and offer more all around utility.

Agreed. I like the JD's as well as the Kubotas...But this sounds like a really good deal if the hours are legit.

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320
Okay how about this deal just called John Deere today and salesman quoted this. brand new 2320 w/r4 tires, 54 drive on deck, 200 cx loader, and 48" Frontier box blade for $16750.00 I would love to have the Kubota BX 24 and I think its a fair price and I have been researching both tractors like crazy. this is just my first tractor and I want to make the right choice. when the guy said the hour meter was broke I just became a little skeptical since he is the second owner. there is a little fading on decals, paint on loader and backhoe looks like new & shows little use as fas as I know since i really don't know what to look for. What would make you buy the Kubota over the John Deere and vice versa. any thoughts?

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #8  
Look- I have the BX24 with 60 inch deck and love every inch of the bota. The only thing i find a bit annoying is the reverse stop issue with the BX24. Drive it in reverse and let go of the HST pedal and see what I mean. I learned how to feather it, currently trying to make it stop smoother somehow. The BX25 doesnt have that issue. I think the BX24 is more useful with FEL and BH and since it has a mower deck, you definetly will put all of those things to use.

I had cheapo tractors from box stores like MTD, weedeater, dynamark, etc and they all worked for a few years and it's a waste of money in my opinion.

Get either the kubota or JD that you are looking at. Sit in both and drive it around in yard and see which you like the best. You really can't go wrong spending the extra few grand for a real tractor.

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #9  
Like radioman said, Drive em both and see which one you feel most comfortable with. I also have a BX24 and love it. I choose this one over the JD because of price, financing and the local dealers. The JD dealer treated me like I had a disease. Trying to get them to show me the features was a chore and a half. Never seen 3 salesmen all sitting around drinking coffee while customers were looking for help. So I went to the kubota dealer and was driving a BX24 around within 5 minutes of being there. Glad I choose orange.

/ 2007 Kubota BX 24 or Brand new JD 2320 #10  
I'm not trying to sway you either way, but will offer one suggestion.
If you do decide to go with the JD 2320 please consider the 62D MMM deck.
You will find this deck is much better mowing close to things as it sticks out a few inches past the tires whereas the 54 inch deck is not much wider than the tire track which makes it difficult to get in close to fences etc.
BTY I used to deal in heavy equipment, it would amaze you the number of used machines that had a broken hour meter, but our new machines hardly ever had an hour meter problem.