Dealerships With Attitude

/ Dealerships With Attitude #61  
Having seen several comments regarding parts sales...
A sale is a sale, profit margin shouldn't be a motivation to help one customer over another.

Another aspects on parts- don't charge "shipping" to move stock from one company owned location to another. I was really not happy the day I went in to get a pin (standard on multiple versions of the units they sell). The sales man (parts) quoted the price of $1.50, then said shipping would be $5.00....
They have a truck that goes from location to location at least twice per week, no special trips. Just because their inventory management stinks, doesn't mean I need to pay 3 times the purchase price for them to get would should be on hand already. Got that part elsewhere, and avoid going there for anything now.

On the other hand, went into a plumbing supplier to get a gasket for the furnace. I had been in there 2 days before and forgot to get it. have been going there for a while over the years when renovating. Bottom line that day- counter guy said "a'int worh writing that up for 75 cents...besides, you spend a lot here anyway...." Can't say i recognized him (they have alot of employees)- but he recognized me! It was a nice gesture...not that i expect free things every time, but the overall customer service is what keeps me going back.

Technology is probably one of the biggest issues in customer service now. Mostly the "younger" crowd, but some old timers as well. I hate it when someone tals on the phone, texts...whatever when handling a transaction for me. Not being attentive leads to mistakes.

Same goes for cashiers having conversations while working. years ago, I worked in loss prevention. Back then, engaging in non work related conversation while assigned to a cashiers register might result in termination- for multiple offenses. Strong message about paying attention to the customer and your work.

When I was in high school, my first job was working for Domino's Pizza. I still believe that they have one of the best concepts in customer service. Starting with answering the phone by the third ring, to re-making pizza's because they came out of the oven "ugly". I am thankful for the education they gave me....ugh...25 years ago!!!!

/ Dealerships With Attitude #62  
How long has Dominoes been around? I don't think they had them when I was growing up................when I was younger.I'm still growing-out,not up:laughing:

/ Dealerships With Attitude #63  
I've posted my frustration about a certain brand on here before. I've been looking at scut for a long while now and there was a certain one I wanted. Used the contact link on their web site to get info as I have no dealers within 6 hours of me. The only info they sent me back was a list of dealers and to contact them. So I did. Among the list....dealers that never did sell their products, and the rest either didn't call me back (salesman out whenever I did call or stop in), or when I did manage to get ahold of one in person, they knew nothing of the product that they are a dealer for, or they tried to sell me another brand they carry. So I called and emailed the manufacturer back with the questions I had (simple stuff like if a bh and mm mower could be mounted at the same time such as JD and Massey) and explained no dealers would call me back or the ones that did, had no knowledge of it. To this day after many tries, I still have got no replies? So when it's that hard to get them to sell you a product....makes you wonder how they will stand behind it.
And I've found the same thing purchasing class 8 trucks when I had my trucking business. Pretty bad when you go to a dealer and speak to the salesman and YOU have to explain certain options and specs to him. Even stuff that is readily listed on a manufacturers web sites.

/ Dealerships With Attitude #64  
Last summer we were in the market for a Kawasaki Trans Diesel Mule. Went to the closest dealer to us -happend to be in Exeter, CA., also a red tractor dealer. Very comfortable greeting and answering EVERY question that we had with product knowledge and not shoving a brochure at us, received a price and left. I must admit severe sticker shock set in but in most cases with me generally recinds in a week or so but during that time I located a brand new Mule one year older same unit with 17 hours at another dealer near Fresno for $4000.00 less, warranty included.
Bought it and drove it up to the 50 hour mark, called the Exeter dealer and asked if they would service it and take care of two warranty issues and they welcomed me with open arms. Previously I had one other dealing with them which involved hanging my new Woods BH90-X backhoe on my (not their brand) NH TC-40. It came in under their estimated installation quote. Absolutely the best dealer/service shop that I have ever been associated with for service but have never purchased a big ticket product from them. I currently cannot think of anything that I need but if that day arrives, I probably will make that buy in Exeter, California. No juice-I'm a spry 66 year old and know a good thing when it presents itself.

/ Dealerships With Attitude #65  
when i went to buy my cut i had studied well and most places i'd visited i knew more about they're product than they did , where i ended up buying my salesman used to be a mechanic so i was out gunned and it felt good to my suprise he was very curtious and i get treated very well any time we talk . the owner even sent me a letter to tell me to check over my loader because the warranty was nearing it's end that's what makes me happy is when they try to save you a few bucks , and it did i had a leaking cylinder , got replaced under warranty . I will keep buying from them Zand M has a very satisfied customer .

/ Dealerships With Attitude #66  
Busy thread.

Having bought a used Kubota from a Massey dealer several years ago, I've bought maint. parts from 3 Kubota dealers and equipment from 1 Kubota and 1 NH dealers with none of the disaffeected attitudes posted here.

I have noted that several dealerships (in 40-mile radius) have invested in updated showroom / maint. shop space. 2 have receiptionists; kinda overboard & overhead IMO though.

An ad by Cy Sims who sold mens suits: "AN EDUCATED CONSUMER IS OUR BEST CUSTOMER" that most have expressed here - tractors & implements are capital purchases - not disposable mall-type goods.

/ Dealerships With Attitude #67  
Took my 2 year old daughter out to look at some compacts, wow was the reception drastically different store to store. Some looked at me like I was a leper and should in no way be appraoched and others took immediate advantage of the opportunity to entertain my daughter while they talked shop with me. One dealer would tell me to keep her off the tractors and others were helping her up so she could "drive". I understand liability and insurance issues, but you can guess who is going to get my money.

/ Dealerships With Attitude #68  
I just joined mostly so I could reply to this post. It's easy to see this is a hot topic. This has been a pet peeve of mine for years, poor dealer attude. I am not to happy with my local green dealer for that very reason. I had been looking for a new tractor for about a year. Called the JD dealer where I bought my last tractor and had two meetings with the sales person so he knew I was looking to spend a lot of money. Having a few more questions, I called him, left a message, no return call. Called again, same thing, no return call. At that point I figured that if he wasn't interested enough to return my call, he didn't need my sale. I will not chase someone so I can spend my hard earned money at there store. So I went looking again this time at the MF dealer, Northwood Equipment in Herman Me. He spent all the time I needed, returned calls and held a price quote for several months while I worked out some details. In the long run I am glad it worked out the way it did as I am very happy with my MF and my dealer.