Price Check Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000

/ Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000 #1  

llfarm75

I have one to sell and I'm trying to get the best price. I'm asking 16k for the Magnatrac and logsplitter combine. Am I asking to much or is this resonable? Thanks.

Attachments

• Magnatrac1.bmp
    204.6 KB · Views: 1,323
  • Logsplitter.jpg
    Logsplitter.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 991
  • magnatrac3.jpg
    magnatrac3.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 1,945
   / Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000 #2  
the MH5000 has not been manufactored in 5 or 6 years so your has to be that old but getting parts is'nt a problem. a new MH4800 is around 19000, with the free loader deal less bucket thats extra, backhoe is another 6 or so thousand, so i'd say your price is fair. but the 16000 dollar question is who is willing to pay that for it? 16000 bucks will buy a fine use or even new tractor with a diesel engine, the magnatracks have air cool briggs or kohler engines in them. they are tough lil dozers but pricey. if i was a rich man yea i'd get one but us poor folks need something that will do other things other than just dig dirt. but your price is fair over a new one.

/ Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000 #3  
Sorry, I think you are on the high side. A quick search found several in the $8k or less range with the backhoe. Might help if you shared the year and hours on the machine.

MarkV

/ Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000 #4  
Sorry, I think you are on the high side. A quick search found several in the $8k or less range with the backhoe. Might help if you shared the year and hours on the machine.

MarkV

i looked on the web for some for sale and could'nt find any that model. he's close in the resale value.

/ Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000 #5  
I purchased a 2003 Magnatrac MH4800 with 180 hours, like new, September 09, FEL only, no backhoe or logsplitter, for $4,500.00

/ Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000
I'm not really sure on the year. I would have to check. My father bought it and now that he has passed on, I really just don't need it. I do know that I just put in over 1000 on a new engine in it. It is a Kohler 25hp engine. Runs better than it ever has, even when we first got it.

I know Magnatrac as a brand runs higher in price than most others of the same product but I do know that parts are found pretty easily. Also I do plan on including a hydrolic log splitter with it as well. Thanks for the responses.

/ Magnatrac Hyrdo 5000
Sorry fogot to add that the old engine had around 500 hours, I think. I'll have to double check. The new engine, only about an hour or so. Wish I had a need to keep it cause it works like no other. Rather use it than do the work the old fashion way. Just don't need it anymore and no point in having a log splitter when I don't have a fire place anymore either. :)