Settle a bet.

/ Settle a bet. #11  
I've been to a few of your parties HickoryDean. I lived in Metairie back in the late 60's (Whew I'm getting old). Great people and even better food but a little too crowded for me nowadays.

TBone

/ Settle a bet. #12  
Shame on you JIII, sushi requires freshness, and fresh raw cleaned fish has no odor.

Most problems for the unindoctrinated are texture.

/ Settle a bet. #13  
In New Orleans you don't need to eat clams, since y'all have something alot better. That being Ditch Crickets (Crawfish)
/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Settle a bet. #14  
<font color=blue>...fresh raw cleaned fish has no odor...</font color=blue>

Hi Doug...

You are absolutely correct... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

<font color=blue>...Most problems for the unindoctrinated are texture...</font color=blue>

Yeah... and taste... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

I was at this big official "tux" type intro for AT&T computers in the early 80's... you know the type where everyone tries to act so sophisticated.../w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Anyhow, they had 'caviar... and I almost gagged...(sorry folks) /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

I didn't want to be sophisticated anymore that day... /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Settle a bet. #15  
Doug:

I would have loved to invited you along to help me and the crew gut those 50,000lbs of fresh caught Halibut. We used to catch those during the famous 24 hr marathon Alaskan halibut openings during the 80's. It would give you a whole new idea about the odor of "fresh raw cleaned fish".

/ Settle a bet. #16  
Y'all need to try some real sushi and sashimi in Japan. Saying you don't like it is like saying you tried BBQ once in New York City and didn't like it. You gotta go to the source, Texas, NC etc. Nothing like it off the conveyor in the restaurant with wasabi and soy sauce. Tuna, salmon, you name it. Like the lobsters they bring out with the antenna and tails still moving.......

I didn't like Chinese or Japanese food much until I started get the real deal. That and I had no other choice.

Redman

/ Settle a bet. #17  
sorry/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif have been to the islands a few times and tried it, can't get used to it. raw fish ,is raw fish, hell of a topic for tractor stuff./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Settle a bet. #18  
<font color=blue> "hell of a topic for tractor stuff" </font color=blue>

<font color=red> TRACTORS??? </font color=red> /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif Frank, please stay on topic. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Settle a bet. #19  
Ditch Crickets??? Never heard 'em called that before!/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Crawfish, mudbugs, crawdads but never ditch crickets! I like that name. Gonna start using it in conversation like I created the word!

/ Settle a bet. #20  
When I was a kid in California we'd always have a jar of salmon eggs in our tackle box. Never caught the first thing with 'em. Anyway, when I was about eight or so I decided to eat a couple to see how they taste. Yuck! I was a voracious reader and would read in books about rich people eating caviar. Years later I had a chance to eat some. Yuck! Same s&%t! :(~