Settle a bet.

/ Settle a bet. #21  
<font color=blue>...hell of a topic for tractor stuff...</font color=blue>

C'mon Frank...

We're trying to settle a bet here... /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Settle a bet. #22  
<font color=blue>...Yuck!...</font color=blue>

...slippery... snotty... slimmy...

My feelings exactly... YUCK!... /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Settle a bet. #23  
You know John I'd love to see the look on your face when the subject of those Little French snail thingies come up.

/ Settle a bet. #24  
Kodiak,

Escargot? Aw, man! You gotta love 'em. Nice and plump and chewy and juicy! Tastes like chicken! Um, um!/w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

Actually I don't know what they taste like but I have eaten them a couple of times and found them to be quite tasty.

Definitely better tasting than caviar. I ate caviar once in a restaurant in Houston... got a large helping because I thought I had stumbled across one of life's better delicasies. Wrong! I bet frog eggs piled up in a bed of salt would have tasted better.

/ Settle a bet. #25  
TBone - I must be getting old too because we go camping now on Mardi Gras weekend. Bought my first house in Metairie in '67. Paid 18 for it. You could probably add another zero to the price of it today...too bad I sold it for 26 a long time ago...but had to get where your place is measured in acres, not square feet.

/ Settle a bet. #26  
Those taste like the bottom of a pond smells. Yuck. The butter was good, though.

/ Settle a bet. #27  
<font color=blue>I know, I know... if you get past the smell... you've got it licked... </font color=blue>

There's your problem John, you're not suppose to lick it, you're suppose to swallow it! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

I'll pass on the uncooked fish, thank you very much.

/ Settle a bet. #28  
Hey guys, how long do you think it will take to get this post moved?

Even though I like some raw fish, I'll pass-a-mundo on the caviar. I've scraped stuff off of my boots that smells better than that.

Moving down the next aisle in the supermarket...

Here's one that dissappointed me. I was looking forward to trying some authentic Pate de Foie Gras, imported from France. This stuff is right up my alley - or so I thought at the time. Bleckth! I ended up inebriated from all the wine it took to wash the taste out of my mouth. There is another product made from the same stuff - just plain Foie Gras. I've yet to try that but I hope it isn't as bad.

/ Settle a bet. #29  
this has got to be the most off-topic post that there has been. I don't think it can get farther from talking about production and assembly of the jd tractor to eating raw fish and oyster!!! LOL /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Settle a bet. #30  
In Japan the eggs from herring (Row) are considered a real delicisey. I fished the Alaskan herring row fishery all through the 80's. And it was strictly for a Japanese market. They would pay us American fisherman something like $60 a ton. Then they strip out the row,usually around an ounce per fish, and discard the rest of the fish overboard. Over in Japan that price of that row was @ $300 a pound. It was worth more than gold over there.

You ought to see the zest with which those Japanese fishing observers go after raw octopus. They will wack off a tentacle and swirp it down while its still wiggleing.