Tractor Sizing CASE 580C weight

/ CASE 580C weight #1  

KB9UDE

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 3320 John Deere x758
Hi guys...
Any Ideas what this 1970's Case 580c might weigh??

Thanks

John

Attachments

• 580c.jpg
    580c.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 8,941
   / CASE 580C weight #3  
I just looked through the 580K operators manual and service manual and neither has listed a weight for the machine!
But it does say that the 82" fel bucket is 760 pounds and the 24" bh bucket is 270 pounds. Other buckets are different.
I'd go outside and check the nameplate but it's pouring right now. I'll check it later and make another post here.

=================
I'm back. My nameplate says that my 580K machine has a max weight of 7938kg. That's 17,500 pounds! Now what does max weight mean and does it include the buckets weight?

=================
You aren't the first to ask this question. Here's another thread on the same subject.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/construction-equipment/37324-case-580c-specs-mid-seventies.html

Last edited:
   / CASE 580C weight #5  
Ballpark for a 580C is 15,000 lbs. If you need to be more specific it is much more accurate to simply weigh the machine....depends on extra features, combination of buckets etc.

/ CASE 580C weight
OK thanks Steve...

I thought it might be in that range. Next time I have one around an elevator I will check for sure.

John

/ CASE 580C weight #7  
   / CASE 580C weight #9  
I used to use my neighbors 580C for grading my drive. we had a place to buy gravel just down the road and I always showed 12,500# empty on the scale. I used to run down and grab a bucket of gravel at a time for filling pot holes.

/ CASE 580C weight #10  
I used to use my neighbors 580C for grading my drive. we had a place to buy gravel just down the road and I always showed 12,500# empty on the scale. I used to run down and grab a bucket of gravel at a time for filling pot holes.

That is dead on what the JD 310 of that era weights I know and when looking they seemed about equal just from looking at the two brands.