Default Tractor Buying advice

Hi, I'm new to this forum and need some advice. I am the owner of a part time lawn service, I am thinking of expanding my business to offer wide area mowing and bush hogging, the latter will include pastures and right of ways. I need advice on a tractor capable of running up to a 15 foot heavy duty cutter. Any help would be appreciated.

Rest in Peace
    Tractor
    kubota b2400- R4 tires

Default Re: Tractor Buying advice

15ft? heavy duty cutter? you sure ain't going to that with a 30hp tractor. your are talking a serious machine. plus u have to be able to move it from one place to another, so again u are talking some serious equiptment. have u checked out anything that would be able to do that kind of work? see dealers for that kind of info. sorry i can't be more help.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind

I guess you're talking about using a 15' batwing mower. You don't need a compact tractor for this as much as you need a medium size ag tractor like a JD 5410 or 5420.

Sorry, linked to this site from another. I did not realize this was a Compact tractor site. I need a tractor from 50 hp up.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

You might want to read this post.<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/showflat.pl?Cat=&amp;Board=genoperating&amp;Number =126456&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;sb=&amp;o=&amp;vc= 1> click here </A> I know you are very specific in wanting to run a 15' cutter, but this thread describes a way to get wider cuts with smaller machines, which you might already have. I believe this is the way to go for a nicer appearance than a rough cut might give. And it is much more versatile in that you can narrow it down to less if you need to do an area that is too big for the 15' machine.

I understand that it might not work in pastures as they are only cut a few times a year, but this is still interesting and might fit the bill for other work that you perform.

Hope this helps. Keep us informed as to your thought process and decision.