Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help #21  
AktractorMan,

I’ve just got to ask….<font color=blue> We are 50 miles above the Arctic Circle.</font color=blue>……….What the heck does one do up there?

Good luck
MarkV

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help #22  
AKtractorMan.
I don't think that you will get any of the big 3-4-5 companies to ship unassembled, I may be wrong. Your best bet to ship that way will be a Jimma. Try www.Agract.com I know that some of the small dealers don’t like them. It’s because they are taking so much of the market in the lower 48 and Hawaii. I have know the owner Charlie Foster for about 20 years. Talk to him. He is honest and will tell you the good and the bad.

Agracat tractors, just like the other Chinese tractors are not on the same level are the Japanese tractors. The fit and finish has a lot to be desired. They do have some small problems but they are a very used tractor. If you are good with tools and can do things yours self they are a good option for you. If you buy from them and need parts ask for Allen. I have known him as long as Charlie.

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help
9 monthes of the year we are frozen solid ocean freezes 6 to 8 feet thick . during the other 3 monthes someone has to make the ice! thats me we are the furthest north commercial fishery in the US.

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help #24  
"I know that some of the small dealers don’t like them. It’s because they are taking so much of the market in the lower 48 and Hawaii. "

Jerry, the don't like doesn't come from Agracat beating them in the market. Just compare Agracat pricing with other Jinma dealers. I have heard numerous things, but can't post them here. The small dealers don't want the legal problems or to be cut-off by the factory, so they comply.

I maintain a list of Jinma dealers that use to include Agracat. [http://johnstractor.homestead.com/files/JinmaDealerPage.htm] Agracat was removed from that list, after receiving the email below. It was sent by Dean Peer and copied to Jim Steele. Maybe you know them, as well.

>>>> start of email

I found your web site this evening. Among the Dealer
listings I was surprised to find my company - Agracat,
Farmington AR.

No one here is aware of the listing nor has anyone
here given permission to use our name on your list.

Please remove our name from your list. If our name is
not removed within the next seven (7) days I will take
additional steps to have it removed.

Thanks for your help
Dean Peer, Jr
General Manager
Agracat Inc.

<<<< end of email

PS: I thought Agracat did not sell by the crate, anyway.

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help #25  
I have read stories about 18 wheelers driving across the ice to go into oil wells North of the Artic circle.That would be a bit unsettling to me driving across ice in a semi.

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help #26  
Location/ Location/Location:

I'm guessing somewhere along Norton sound, possibly Kotzebue? Maybe Icicle Fisheries?

I have been up in that area during the Red Crab openers of the early eighties. Aboard the FV's Seleif and Sea Quail, out of Kodiak. Its a very large small world.

Just an idea, if you are knowledgeable of the fishing industry. Maybe you could have this tractor brought to your area by fishing boat out of Kodiak, Dutch Harbor or St. Paul.

well you are very close! kotzebue is the jumping off point. then about 150 more miles to go .dahl creek is closest point from final destination

thankyou to all that helped here . I have found a kubota L2950 with loader and backhoe, used but only 400 hrs onit. I am stil looing for achinese tractor new. but that is going to have be a later purchace. Iwill not have access to acomputer any more for awile, so this is goodbye fdor now. thanks again.

/ Remote Alaska tractor purchase ...please help #29  
Well good luck with the Kubota. When you get a chance drop us a line or two. I personnally will be curios as to how your tractor makes its journey to Dahl Creek. I suppose that you are already starting to batten down for winter, keep warm.

one last ? Does anyone have any info on making a sub frame to go on l2950 for purpose of attaching L4690 backhoe to unit 3 point hitch settup looks alittle weak last chance to get a response will be today 8/28/02 thanks. AK tractor man