Buying Advice gatormade trailers

/ gatormade trailers #1  

747driver

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kioti CK27 HST
Looking to buy a 16' utility or carhaul trailer. Have looked at the Big Tex,Load Trail, PJs and Gatormade. I will be using it for construction materials and a small bobcat. I think the wrap around tongue is best...more support. I am leaning on the side to get the Gatormade...Any thoughts or advice

Thanks Chuck

Downers Grove, IL

/ gatormade trailers #2  
My neighbor has one and loves it. The price is right. They have had a few paint quality issues but the ones I have seen looked good.

/ gatormade trailers #3  
I just bought a 10.4K 16ft Gatormade with LED lights ,electric brakes, both axels, new spare,fold up ramps. The paint looks like good quality Black Powder coat. Fenders are a sturdy checker plate The only place the paint seems thin is on the very ends of the tie bars that hold the ramps up during transport.
The license plate braket is plastic, so we will see how it holds up.
There are lots of places to attach tie downs.
I like it just fine, and the price seemed good at $2.8k..
Good luck.

/ gatormade trailers #4  
I just bought an 18' (10K) PJ tandem and realy like it. More fearures and (I thought) better quality control on paint and welds than the bigtex and others I compaired to. Didn't look at the gatormade though. Similar price to John Geo's 16 footer. Good luck on your search.