Comparison John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130

/ John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130 #1  

moodyda

I am in need of purchasing a new Tractor as my 8 year old Craftsman LT 1000 is becoming too problematic (as soon as I finish fixing one thing something new happens). I suppose in all fairness this tractor has been worked hard over the years, but I thought it would last a little longer.
Now it is time for a new one and I have narrowed down to a John Deere x304 ($3,600) and a Snapper LT 130 (on sale for $2,300). Both have AWS and the Snapper comes with a larger engine 23hp vs 17hp for the JD and it has a larger deck at 46 inches. Both are good brands but which will last longer? I mean significantly longer than my old Sears tractor.
I live on a 1.3 acre lot that does have small hills as the house is built up on the lot (West Palm Beach, FL). Therefore I do have standing water during the rainy season and need to cut in and arround water constantly. I guess I could just get a Home Depot JD tractor but I don't want to "cheap out" like I did last time and be sorry in the end.
So, which of these choices will go the distance and why?

/ John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130 #2  
I am just not sure about the Snapper name these days. You just can't sell the same or better tractor for $1300 less at this price point. I would suspect that it is not a ton better in quality than a Craftsman. Symplicity and John Deere are top of the heap for tractor style mowers.

/ John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130
So which JD would you recommend for my situation.

/ John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130 #4  
Nothing wrong with the one you are looking at. It is a bit expensive but as long as you just mow it should do just fine. A jd 425 zero turn mower is in that price range as well.I have had 6-7 mowers and the JD was the best. The big box JD mowers seem to do fine for most people, and are about the price of the Snapper. They should last about ten years.

/ John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130
Thanks for the help. I have changed my mind a little. I would like to stay at or under $3000, and was convinced yesterday at the LD dealer that the X300 would fir all my needs. If I needed atighter turn it would be better to get a ZTR, however the ZTR in that price range would be of lesser grade and not last as long. So should I just get a x300 or check out the cub cadet line of tractors as I have recently read that they are pretty durable.

/ John Deere x304 vs. Snapper LT 130 #6  
So should I just get a x300 or check out the cub cadet line of tractors as I have recently read that they are pretty durable.

There is no cost to looking...better to check them out now than wish you had later...:)