New Kubota L Series?

/ New Kubota L Series? #1  

Anonymous Poster

While talking with the dealer this past weekend (he has both Kubota and NH), he mentioned that he's going to a meeting soon about a new Kubota "L" series. He suggested that the new series might be Kubota's answer to some of NH's spiffy "ergonomic" innovations; e.g., the nice swiveling seat, the sloped hood, etc. Has anyone heard anything about this? We *might* be willing to hold off (see below) if a new L series has somethnig interesting to offer.

We're in the market for a compact, and have (so far) narrowed it down to a Kubota B2910 and a NH T33D. I've tried out a B2710 and felt *very* comfortable with it. We're trying the NH out this weekend (mowing our new prairie restoration). I'm thinking that if we like the T33, we'll choose it -- mostly because of the extra power. I don't know much about Kubota's L series, though. We have 47 acres, and we'll be using the tractor for mowing (not all 47!), maintaining and clearing snow from an 800-foot gravel driveway, brushogging, hauling, and more.

pweil
Black Earth, Wisconsin

/ New Kubota L Series? #2  
pweil - Kubota has discontinued the Grand L Series according to a local dealer. This is the L series with tilt wheel, hydro, etc. Don't know features of replacement but rumors should become rampant. I just bought a Kioti after much deliberation, and due to Kubota local dealers asking 1,600 more for same Kubotas being sold by net dealers such as Fiser in Arkansas.

/ New Kubota L Series?
I, too, am looking for a new tractor. I looked for a long time at the Kubota line, knowing that they are a quality tractor. After much searching, I have really looked hard at the Kioti tractors. If you have a good dealer near you, you should seriously consider checking out a DK series Kioti. Mind you, I have VERY little seat time in a CUT, and most of the information I have gotten has been from reputable Internet sites (especially TBN). But check out the Kioti section of this board and see what the owners of these machines have to say. In any case, let us know what you decide and why.

Happy hunting!