Mechanical Shuttle Transmission

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #1  

Anonymous Poster

I am getting closer to buying a 3054 Kioti with the Shuttle transmission. The trouble is I don't know how this is different from a regular clutch/gearshift (Sliding Gear & Constant Mesh) transmission offered by Kubota on the L3000. All of the comments that I've heard from Kioti drivers are positive. Can someone help?

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #2  
If it's like the shuttle on my brother in law's JD, you depress the clutch and flip the lever from forward to reverse. It is very quick and easy because you don't have to find reverse (or the forward gear) with in the traditional "H" gear pattern, just flip the lever.

Very nice for loader work.

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #3  
It's probably similar to the Shuttle Shift on my Cub Cadet 7360. Depress clutch and choose between forward and reverse. You don't need to change the speed gear shift (1-4).

I hope that answers what you were asking.

- G

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #4  
Also the 3054 is syncronized(shift on the go).
What ever gear you are in forward,flip the leaver and that is the gear you are in reverse.

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #5  
That is also identical to the DT transmission in the L series tractors, like my L3010DT. The L3000DT I do not believe has a F-W selector shift. I may be mistaken on that though. This is the transmission I wanted. Real clutch, real gears, but ease of use with a selector lever, F and W, but you must use the clutch for the change.

Nick

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #6  
I'm just curious, is there a reason that you are not considering a Hydro ? What is this tractor going to be used for most of the time?

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #7  
My Mahindra has a syncro shuttle, what ever gear your in just shift the lever on the column forward and reverse, works really well. I think you'll be happy with shuttle shift, no need for hydro.

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #8  
A syncronized mechanical shuttle is a dream to operate. You don't have to stop to change directions, just press the clutch and shift. Much better than a hydro.

TBone

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission #9  
You mean tractor actually goes from forward to reverse without stopping?

/ Mechanical Shuttle Transmission
JasonF, as with most things, price has a lot to do with it! My wife is still having a problem getting her mind around me paying 15K for a tractor. She hasn't said anything but I can see it in her eyes.
My past tractor operating experience was with a hand clutch, 3 or 4 forward gear, Popping Johnny. I'm trying to just get into the 20th Century, never mind the 21st.