Comparison 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors
And after more time in the seat ( went back yesterday) I kinda growing fond of the Hydrostatic:drool: The only problem is there not one in stock (I drove the 3400 hydro) and I'll have to wait at least 2-4 weeks for the shipment:( Danggit - What do you do--- I've waited this longggggggggggggggggg

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors #22  
Well, the 3400's not chopped liver.. ;) I expect it IS more money though.

Before you order, test drive one of whatever you're ordering, to be sure it's what you want. Even if it means driving for a few hours, it's worth the trip. Come to think of it, for the difference in price, you could likely have a 3400 gear drive, or one of the new 3700SU, for the cost of a 2800HST.

Before Roy smacks me the back of the head, are you sure you don't want something green?? Sorry Roy, couldn't resist.. something about another one coming over to the Dark Side.. er.. orange that is...

Chilly

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors #23  
Make sure that you understand the differences between the pto on the L2800, and on the L3400 before you make the final choice. There may not be much difference with the hydro models, but I know there is with the gear models.

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors
Make sure that you understand the differences between the pto on the L2800, and on the L3400 before you make the final choice. There may not be much difference with the hydro models, but I know there is with the gear models.

That my freind was the decicding factor:thumbsup:and I like the cruise hydro too

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors #25  

Very good point. No live pto on l2800 gear.

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors #27  
After 16 months I still like my L2800 HST. Dragged the L25 7' rake up and down a lot of road, dragged out a lot of BIG trees, plowed a lot of snow.
90 hours and still lovin' it.

/ 3005 VS L2800 Gear driven tractors #30  
L2800 HST have the live continuous w/overrrunning clutch
L2800 gear PTO stops every time you clutch:confused2:

I was referring to the geared transmission. yes both hst,s are live