Buying Advice CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #1  

atbadd

Need some advise on purchasing a CUT!
- Bought 5 acres (somewhat hilly) in West Central Iowa - building house next spring.

I am very "green" when it comes to machines / tractors and need some advice on which to purchase from the following list:

2004 Kubota B7800 (via a family friend)
160 hours
Front End Loader
72" belly mower
Industrial tires
$12,900

2005 BX 2230 (via Kubota dealer)
360 hours
Front End Loader
54" belly mower
Industrial tires
$11,750

2010 John Deere 2305
Front End Loader
60" belly mower
Industrial tires
$12,500 (Zero Down / Zero Interest 48 Months)

2010 Kubota BX2360
Front End Loader LA243
60" belly mower
Industrial tire
$15,000 (Zero Down / Zero Interest 72 Months)

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #2  
We have a Kubota BX2660 where we live and a John Deere 2305 at another property. We have had ongoing problems with the John Deere; deck problems and over heating yesterday. We bought the BX2660 after owning the John Deere for about a year. Yesterday my wife and I were up there and I was bush hogging and my wife was using the John Deere. At the end of the day she expressed her dislike for the John Deere. We will be trailering the BX up today to finish.

I must add that there are many happy satisfied 2305 owners, so check them all out and see which you like best. I would probably pick the 7800. Good luck.

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #3  
I guess my advice is to look at / think about the attachments you want to run, and pick the tractor you like best for those tasks. It seems that you are interested primarily in a mmm at first, and the BX /2305 are best suited for that job, and will handle a fair amount of FEL work when used with judgement too. A grass / materials collector is important to me, and I like the one on the JD the best as far as removal, replacement, and the lack of broken shear pins that some complain about with the Kubota unit. I don't understand why the Kubota should be so much more.......... around here it would likely be the other way but a much smaller difference. I guess my general rule of thumb is that if you want to maintain 5 acres then the BX sized tractors are great (if you don't have a lot of junk to drive over) If you want to modify that 5 acres then you should look at something largerd, and the B7800 is a nice size for that.

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #4  
I don,t recall many saying I bought a little too big!But you just have to look at what you need now and any future projects,but having a machine you can grow with to me seems better than ending up with a machine too small.Not like the old days when it was a bit easier to sell a used cut.New tractor factory incentives have hurt the used market,just my thoughts:)Dave

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #5  
Start to look at the specifications for those tractors. I think that the JD 2305 only has 2 gear ranges (low and high). The Kubota's should all have 3. The B Kubota will have higher ground clearance then the BX series for when it snows, a more powerfull FEL and probably more power for the attachments.

The new B series from Kubota would not be far from that price, would be new and you could get 0 down and 0 financing (I think).

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #6  
The B7800. That's a no brainer. Just way more tractor, and not a subcut either.

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #7  
Yeah the B7800 looks like a pretty decent deal to me. I have a BX, but if I was choosing, I'd go for the B7800. The B has a 3 speed range, the BX's only have a high and low range. Not a big deal, but it makes the B a little more flexible in terms of ground speed.

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #8  
Start to look at the specifications for those tractors. I think that the JD 2305 only has 2 gear ranges (low and high). The Kubota's should all have 3. The B Kubota will have higher ground clearance then the BX series for when it snows, a more powerfull FEL and probably more power for the attachments.

The new B series from Kubota would not be far from that price, would be new and you could get 0 down and 0 financing (I think).

Please look at the specs yourself before giving advice to new comers. They are here for trusted advice.

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #9  
Need some advise on purchasing a CUT!
- Bought 5 acres (somewhat hilly) in West Central Iowa - building house next spring.

I am very "green" when it comes to machines / tractors and need some advice on which to purchase from the following list:

2004 Kubota B7800 (via a family friend)
160 hours
Front End Loader
72" belly mower
Industrial tires
$12,900

2005 BX 2230 (via Kubota dealer)
360 hours
Front End Loader
54" belly mower
Industrial tires
$11,750

2010 John Deere 2305
Front End Loader
60" belly mower
Industrial tires
$12,500 (Zero Down / Zero Interest 48 Months)

2010 Kubota BX2360
Front End Loader LA243
60" belly mower
Industrial tire
$15,000 (Zero Down / Zero Interest 72 Months)

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Thanks

Like others have said, what are you going to be using this for?

Lots of 3 point hitch work the B7800 is the only model that has a "true" Cat 1 3-point hitch. The others are limited Cat 1 versions.

Just mowing the lawn one of the BX's or the 2305 would probably be a better choice since they are a little smaller and more maneuverable.

Which dealer treated you better? Which dealer has a better service department. Both of these should also be considered since eventually you will need parts and or service.

Good luck on your decision

Roy

/ CUT - JD vs Kubota / New vs Used #10  
Which one did you like to drive and operate?? I liked the Kubota better than the JD for feel. Its was a personal preferance. Nothing against green. The B7800 sounds like a real good deal. However the Kubota and the JD are both new and with warranties and zero financing. Are you paying cash for the used one?? if so throw it in the bank and earn a little interest (and with todays rates I do mean alittle) and go new with the zero financing. Let your money do some work for you.