Price Check JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #1  

stlcfan

Help,

I am going nuts reading threads on the topic. I am negotiating between the 2305 and the Kubota BX 2360. They are comparably equipeed with FEL, 60" MMM, Hydraulic snow blade. Currently I have the price the same at both dealers. I think both dealers would be equally good- I have the most experience with the John Deere. It seems the tractors are equal and the advice by all means seems to spend seat time and go with what you like.

My question is - both are giving me $15,500 delivered and tax included. Is this a reasonable price for the above setup.

Also, are there maintenance/cost of ownership issues that should tilt the tables

Finally, what is the trade-in value long term for both - I know JD holds up well- how is Kubota?

Thanks for the input. I want to end my headache soon.:) BTW JD is 0% for 48 mos and Kubota is 0% for 60 on financing.

Ergonomically I think I favor the Deere. People around here are quite divided and quite oppinionated.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #2  
I own a BX2660 as well as a JD2305. Go to the JD forum and type in mower deck or something similar on the 2000 Series especially the 2305. I also find the seat to be uncomfortable, but another JD poster has come up with a solution by adding a piece of wood under the springs which helps with the backward leaning seat. I should add that there are many happy owners of the JD2305, I am just not one of them.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #3  
I went through the same thing between these two tractors. I went with the Kubota BX2360. I pasted on the 2305 becouse the loader (200cx) just seemed not right on that tractor. However it is perfect on the 2320. If going green it would have been a 2320. Just liked that model better than the 2305. The BX2360 has been great for everything except the 3pt. I just don't care for it. If I were buying today I would pass on the both and go for the John Deere 2320 or Kubota 2320. Some more money but I think they are a better value.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #4  
"I feel your pain", someone once said. My chosing Kubota was based on years of experience with the local dealer who is closer...The metal hood and fenders...The fact that Kubota engineers the whole machine...The fact that JD wanted more $$ for their paint job...And their salesman didn't seem to know much more about the rig than I did. As to trade in, I'll be long gone before that happens :( I think that both are quality products however.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #6  
I have the JD 2305 with the CX loader and the belly mower. I love the tractor and it is a big improvement over the JD 455 I had prior to the JD 2305. I looked at the kubota but when it was all said and done I had to go with the JD 2305. The price was about the same and I have a great dealer for support, plus I hate orange. If I had to do it all over again I would agree with one of the prior post and go with a little bit larger tractor (i.e. 30 hp) The one complaint I have with the JD 2305 is that it is hard to find reasonably priced implements for a 24hp tractor. I have been looking for a 4-foot tiller, shredder, etc. and these are hard to come by since most dealers start with 5-foot stuff and a 24hp tractor can't really handle the bigger stuff under a load. Some people say that it can but in realty the smaller tractors start to run hot with the larger equipment.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #7  
The 2305 is noticably longer, and wider than the BX, but I think it is still pretty nimble.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #8  
The 2305 is noticeably longer, and wider than the BX, but I think it is still pretty nimble.

Yes, the 2305 is surprisingly maneuverable for its size.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #9  
Though I don't like the Kubota grass collector much, I do think the rest of the attachments available are better matched to the tractor, loader, front blade, etc. The snowblower is probably a wash now.

/ JD 2305 vs Kubota BX2360 #10  
I'm in the same boat right now...between the JD 2305 and a Kubota B2320. From what I've read I don't think these should be direct comparisons because it seems like the 2305 should be compared to the BX line. I was told to stay away from the BX line because of some tranny problems. Don't know the specifics, but was told I'd be better off with a B series. This being the case, I think I should be looking at the JD 2320 as the green comparable tractor. I like the 0%-60 month financing by Kubota and I also know a Kubota diesel mechanic so this is swaying my decision.