What will you buy for $15,000.00

/ What will you buy for $15,000.00 #21  
I was in the same decision process earlier this year. I sat in alot of seats ...JD, NH, K and even Power Trac. I had planned to spend around 15k, and ended up having to use a little budget strecher to get what i finally decided on. I bought a Kubota 3010 HST. Awesome machine. with it i got a Brush Hog 72" finish mower, FEL, and a 6' box blade. all for just under 18k. I also have a 5' brush hog ....all this really makes a nice set up. I'm really glad i went bigger than i originally had planned. The extra weight and size are a big plus for the work i do with it.
Like many have said on here, the best thing you can do is sit in as many different seats as possible, and read as much on here as you can. It will really help your decision making process.
Good luck.

/ What will you buy for $15,000.00 #22  
Seth,

I would buy the 1998 B21TLB I saw this morning on unclehenrys.com (a NE trader mag) for $15,000 with only 100Hrs!!

Carl

/ What will you buy for $15,000.00 #23  
i would go with a ```vintage tractor``,for lack of a better word. for around $5000. you could get a IH 424 or 444, a MF 135 or 165, JD 1120 , Ford 3000 or 4000 etc. those models are between 35 and 50 pto HP. when i say ``vintage`` ,i mean between 1965 and 1975,they are all diesels and almost infestructible. you asked your question on a compact tractor site so most people will naturally steer you toward smaller ,newer and more expensive machines.,but if i were you i would go bigger and spend the remaining dollars on implements and contractors. hope it helps. PTOnline /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ What will you buy for $15,000.00 #24  
Well i just got a new kubota L3000dt, kubota FEL , woods bb60c,atlas 5' box blade,atlas 16 x16 disc . all for $15,000. delivered and full of fuel!

/ What will you buy for $15,000.00 #25  
SethO,
As a Kubota dealer I tend to lean to the Orange side of course, but in general I would go with a smaler frame tractor. I wasn't sure from your post if you were planning on diging the pond, building the pole barn, etc. which would weigh on your decision, but in the end you're going to need a big lawn mower that will till, move some snow, etc. IMHO, anything bigger than 25hp is wasting your money. Most people are amazed at the work they can do with a small 4WD, like B7500 or even a BX. We've sold several BX's to people with the same situation as you have. In the end they have a big beautiful lawn, a great mower that the wife and kids can feel comfortable running, and did not pay too much for too much tractor. If you are digging your pond, you may need a backhoe, but you would probably be farther ahead to rent one for a couple hundred bucks than buy one for 4-5K and never use it again. A BX or B7500 will handle everything else fine, I woulr recoment a box scraper, a lanscape rake--WITH rear guage wheels, FEL--the tooth bar is great for digging, and maybe a snowblower, depending on the layout and drift factor of your driveway--the rear ones are about half the price of a front one if your neck is flexible:) Just my 2 cents, we hate to see people overspend. One thing to keep in mind--you can do the same jobs(mostly) with a little tractor as a big one, it just might take longer. Are you in a hurry or looking for "seat time"? Good luck, I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever you end up with.