What will you buy for $20,000.00

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #1  

SethO

Silver Member
There is a sister post to this, but the amount to be spent is different.

Every week or so somebody asks the question about advice regarding tractor purchase, the responses are always varied. I noticed that most of the time, the issue of how much is to be spent is left out. Therefore I am posing this question for all comers about how they will spend this $20,000.00

The scenario is a 5 acre lot, new construction in central Wisconsin. The needs are as follows

Landscaping with a 2 acre lawn and shrubs and a few trees.
Driveway (200').
Kitchen garden (1/4 acre)
Water garden with a pond 15' by 10'
Barn 30' by 40'

Any combination of implements can be used, but an explanation about how will be helpful.

Thanks

Seth

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #2  
Same tractors as in the $15,000 thread with loaders and definitely a 7.5' subframe mounted backhoe. Possibly go with more of the deluxe models with hydro trannies.

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #3  
I see where this is going.... Pick anything that you could possibly use from this list and you tell us what you bought /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.power-trac.com/pdf/March02pdfs/425price081502.pdf>Click here for the pricelist, you'll need adobe acobat reader to see it</A>

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #4  
Seth,

B Series Tractor. 2710 or 2910? HST
R4 tires or Turf, depending on your applications. IF mowing, then turfs.
Front end loader
Box blade ( Pick your brand, but get one 60" wide and about 500 #
(If you have a black top driveway, you may not need one long term)
Back Blade for snow removal
Rototiller from Farm Fleet (King Kutter's gear driven 5' model for $~1350)
Mid Mount Mower
Tractor Tire Chains
Pressure Washer 5 HP Honda engine from Menards

I am in Eau Claire, Wi, by the way. I guess it's like they say,
"It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to paint it"

John Bud

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #5  
I'd buy a wood lot.

/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00
People are quick to tell you to buy bigger, now that I have a limiting price I have only a few takers and some jokers.

Proves that your wallet determines what you get.

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #7  
/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

I didn't tell you to buy bigger, just get more goodies /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00
MossRoad,

Your response was helpful, the PowerTrac an interesting piece of equipment that is worth looking at.

Seth

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #9  
I agree very much with your comment and find these threads you have started very pertinent - I am in very much the same position of first time buying for a CUT - and agree, the wallet talks loudly. I am looking at this point at either trying to find good used or going Kioti, as I am very impressed by what I read of their products. I move in a month to upstate NY near Lake Ontario. One of my first tasks will be to seek out local dealers and see what is available. This is my first ever post on TBN.

/ What will you buy for $20,000.00 #10  
Welcome aboard. I only discovered this board early last Spring. Great place. People here are quick to help with almost anything.......................chim