South MS Area Dealers

/ South MS Area Dealers #1  

Snapper Head

Silver Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L3940 HST-3
Still doing my homework for my first tractor purchase (see "Right Tool for the Job" thread), and part of that is checking out dealers. I have not settled on a brand yet.

Can anyone give me feedback on dealers (positive, ngeative or otherwise) in South Mississippi/South Alabama/South Louisiana? Essentially, anywhere within an hour or two Wiggins, Mississippi. If you would prefer to do it via PM, that's fine. Again, this is dealer research, not brand.

I wish Wallace Tractor would open a satellite shack down here.

Many thanks,

Big Al

/ South MS Area Dealers #2  
I bought used, but recently added an FEL. I dealt with Southern Tractor in Hattiesburg. This is the same brand dealer as the tractor and found them to be very helpful both before and after the sale. I have had several questions in the past and have found all of the departments there to be helpful. In comparison shopping, I wanted a particular FEL and in my checking in all of the areas you mentioned in your post, they had the best price.

/ South MS Area Dealers #3  
SnapperHead,
I purchased two tractors from Southern Tractor in Summit MS many years ago and had good luck with their sales and service. Originally this was Price Tractor Co. and was bought out by Southern Tractor in the mid 1970s' so they have been around for some time.

FWIW, I use to fish the Black Creek area, great float fishing back then.

/ South MS Area Dealers #4  
As far as Kubota dealers try Seal Tractor in Woodville, MS or Farmbelt Equipment in Brookhaven, MS. I purchased from Seal five years ago and they gave me a great price.

/ South MS Area Dealers
Thanks Guys. Seal Tractor has some good deals, and I will be talking with them very soon.

Big Al