Shopping for a new tractor

/ Shopping for a new tractor #1  

area123

I thought I'd get a quick second opinion here. Seems like folks get a lot of help w/ tractor buying decisions..

I just sold my JD 790, I loved the tractor and am thinking I'll stick with Deere but am not firm on that. Was a 4wd w/ fel and worked for most of my needs but I wanted an upgrade to a reverser style or hydro and a little more capacity on the fel and 3pt. So I'm considering a 32-38hp tractor (engine Hp, the 790 was 27).

I mainly use it for box blading my driveway, landscaping around the house since the yard and everything is new, mowing about 35 acres w/ a brush hog once per year, spraying w/ my 3pt sprayer (110 gallon was a little too large for the 790) but it worked. I won't be doing any hay on the 35 acres, when I get it to where the grass is hayable I'll just have it done.

I like the smaller frame size because I like to mow trails in the 20 acres of woods and I like to go pick up river rock out of the creek which would be impossible with a larger frame like a 5000 series JD, etc, even though I know some of the 5000 series JD are much more economical for about twice the tractor..

Anyway, I have a tractor in mind but thought I'd get some second opinions. Thanks.

/ Shopping for a new tractor #3  
sounds like the 3032E and 3038E models might be a good starting point for you. they come with hydro, and have higher hp ratings then your 790. the fel isn't detachable i don't believe, and i'm not sure the specs on the fel for this series. size wise, along with everything else you're looking for makes this tractor be almost perfect for your needs. several folks on here have them and seem to love them so far.

/ Shopping for a new tractor #4  
Take a look at the JD 4105. The frame size is very close to the 3032 and the 3038 but the loader (300CX) and the 3pt have considerably more oommpphh. Money wise - I don't think it's a whole lot more than the 32 or 38, either.

AKfish

/ Shopping for a new tractor #5  
I have read a report that the mid hp tractors have been trending lower and lower in price while their value has remained high. I see a lot of 45-55 hp tractors for sale for usually only a few thousand more than the 30-38's... I am a big fan of buying a size larger than expected, experience has shown time will help everything grow in to place! just my .02 tho.

/ Shopping for a new tractor #6  
I have read a report that the mid hp tractors have been trending lower and lower in price while their value has remained high. I see a lot of 45-55 hp tractors for sale for usually only a few thousand more than the 30-38's... I am a big fan of buying a size larger than expected, experience has shown time will help everything grow in to place! just my .02 tho.

I second that.

/ Shopping for a new tractor

I agree mostly, but the few thousand more deere tractors, particularly the 5000E series, are very basic and are a little large for my needs. Now if the had a 4000 series similar to the 5000e I would consider it. The 4105 is basically a 3120 w/ a turbo and it is $1000 more than the 3320.

I've thought about a 4120 but it jumps up to $5000 more than the 3320 and I don't know if a few hundered pounds more is worth that jump in price. For the deal I'm getting on the 3320 w/ my repeat buyer discount & other good discounts I think i could sell it in a year or two for a few hundered less.

So in summary, its a 3038e for $16k, 3320 for $19.5k, or a 4120 for 24.5k (5045e around $25k). The 3320 seems like the best bang for the buck to me.

/ Shopping for a new tractor #8  
If you have a Massey Ferguson dealer near you go see the new 1635, 35 hp, a very nice machine, strong hydraulic. Good luck.

/ Shopping for a new tractor #9  
If you are willing to look outside the deere lineup treat yrself to a trip to the Bobcat dealer, 4 series Bobcats are very nice in everyway.

/ Shopping for a new tractor
Can you share any pricing on the 1635 or the bobcat 4 series.