Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #1  

jmstrailer

I am looking to purchase a compact TLB combinaton with a MMM for my commercial mowing buisness, I am going with this over a z-turn or front mower, so I have something more versitile for my primarily snow buisness, with the thought of being hired out for mini-backhoe work to add more income to the summer buisness and I will suplement the tractor with a small z-turn for speed cutting.

I am looking at the JD 2305 with a loader and hoe and a MMM, or a MF GC2410.

The 2410 is $1300 cheaper if you pay cash, or $1000 more if I want 0% for 72.

The 2305 has a little more engine HP, but the PTO HP is the same.

Any help from those who have run either of these units would be great.

Thanks

John

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #2  
I have a JD2305, check the JD Forum for MMM deck problems.

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #3  
Horsepower won't amount to anything with either tractor. I like the grass collection system that JD has better than the Massey version. People report very good mowing with both. The backhoe is a different story though. The Massey has a half foot more reach, a larger bucket, and will do a lot of work at lower rpm's, and has an easier mount to remove / replace the backhoe. The three point hitch even stays attached in the process. In that size tractor the Massey is king for backhoe work. The only thing I'm not sure about from memory is how many degrees of swing the backhoe has. I think the JD may have 180 degrees, and the Massey may be less........ Check that out because it can make quite a difference in positioning options, and how many times you have to reposition on a given job........ repositioning takes time, and time is money in your case.

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #4  
if you have a bobcat dealer near you, check them out. there ct122 is a very nice tractor and is quite a bit cheaper than the jd and massey.

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #5  
check out the cubcadet sc2450 i got the tlb for $16000

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #6  
I do not know what your req. are but if you will go used I just saw a decent looking Massey GC2300 asking under 6K with a loader(looks untouched), boxblade and finish mower in Lavon TX just outside Dallas

Massey Ferguson Tractor

sorry if your not interested or too far you did not post where you are located

/ Help!! with compact tractor puchase GC 2410 vs JD 2305 #7  
A nearby Texas dealer quoted me $15000 for the GC2410 a couple of weeks ago, but I was not in the market for a tractor with backhoe, only wanted a FEL.
It was a brand new 2008 leftover, seemed like a good price.

Curt