Price Check Fair lease price

/ Fair lease price #1  

Anonymous Poster

Tractor impaired has another scenario:

I need to maintain my 25 acres of pasture while my house and barn get built. I'm 1-1/2 hrs away now. Will move in in january.

I have the availability to lease a Case C60 with 10ft cutter from a neighbor. It takes me about 4 hours to cut the property with this combo, which I'll do ongoing the rest of the year as needed.

Question is: What would a fair lease price be for this combination? There's no deliver charges, obviously. Of course if the price is too high, I'd just go buy a tractor for myself, tho I'd rather wait till we're moved in.

--dave

/ Fair lease price #2  
Not really sure what you are looking to do? If all you are going to use it for is ocassional cutting then I'd rent by the hour not lease. Why pay to have the tractor sit around?

As a per hour price hhmmm......I'd have to say if it was up here ..........around $25 or so an hour for intermittent usage as needed. All you'd have to do is add fuel and drive.

If he has this combo just sitting around doing nothing most of the time. Now if it is in use or demand elsewhere the price could be higher.

/ Fair lease price
Yes, for the most part the tractor is just sitting around (except when he's cutting his fields) Yes, i am just going to use it maybe 8-10 hours a month or so, during late summer/fall, as needed.

/ Fair lease price #4  
If the tractor has a hour meter arrange to pay by the number of hours used.
PJ

/ Fair lease price #5  
Since you say your neighbor's tractor is available I assume you and he have already discussed your using it. I also assume that he is aware of the liability he takes on by leasing to you and that you have discussed the ins and outs of liability and who is responsible for what with him. Has he made you an offer yet? If not, ask him what he would charge to rent it out to you. If he has rented his equipment before he will already have a figure in his head. Then compare that price with any dealers in the area that rent. If his price is higher than what the dealers charge, see if you can haggle with him and get the price down. If he won't budge and you don't like his price, well... then you have a decision to make.

If you do decide to rent from your neighbor, discuss and agree on the rental terms and get it in writing before you drive his tractor off his property. You know, CYA.

/ Fair lease price #6  
be very careful! doing busines with a neighbor can be difficult. wh is responsible if the tractor breaks while u are using it? what happens if u get hurt while using it? these things are not usually important till after they happen. don't want to be a gloomy gus, but best u think of these things now.