Buying Advice Farmall Cub vs lawn mower

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower #1  

David Propst

So my first posting was a decision between a cub and power king. Now if my plan is to use the cub primarily for mowing what makes it better than a new mower with a warranty?
I need to convince my wife why i need the cub.
Any advice?

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower #2  
Farmall cub will outlast us all. New rider mowers are nice but effective lifespan is low if you plan to mow signigicant acerage.

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower #3  
In 10 years, the new mower will not be worth much. The Cub will hold it's value?
Dave.

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower
I tried both ideas before she went to bed. We'll see what happens tomorrow. Keep the ideas coming.

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower #5  
Who will be doing all the mowing..nuff said. ;)

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower #6  
i love my cub.. for sure it will outlast a rider lawnmower. it's from 66 and still runs a 44" mower.

soundguy

/ Farmall Cub vs lawn mower #7  
It depends on who's cutting what. I just bought a Craftsman Professional 24hp foot control mower for cutting the front yard. I gotta admit that it's one dang nice mower to use (once i did all the adjustments as the books called them out which the store does nothing of). It's easy to drive and smooth as all heck. The engine is plenty powerful for grass cutting the 42" it has and it's the nicest cutting mower I've ever had. Not that I've owned hundreds or even tens. It's just a nice all around mower. Now all that said I don't get to use it. It's the wife's mower and she loves driving it. So much so that I don't get to do much unless she's sick or out of town (which has happened with her). So, if you want to get a nice machine let her pick it. She'll use it. If you want to get her frustrated put her on the Cub. Most likely you'll be cutting with it and she'll still want a different machine. I put my wife on the Ford 1900 and tried to explain how to start it (you gotta turn that switch to the left and this little light thing glows red after a while and then turn to the right... duh... I was talking to the trees later about it too... she had the same expression as they did...) So, it depends on what you want to get done. If you have a nice front yard (like we have) you'll find she cuts that and you get to do the rest with the Cub. (like me with the 1900)

Steve

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=165099&stc=1&d=1273630211

Attachments

• CRW_4929 [1024x768].JPG
    CRW_4929 [1024x768].JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 418