Ground Clearance on BX2200

/ Ground Clearance on BX2200 #1  

mthiel

Tractor
JD 4110
Anyone have any trouble with ground clearance on the BX2200?

I have read many great things about this tractor, but one of negative factors is low ground clearance of 6.7".

When does this become a factor?

/ Ground Clearance on BX2200 #2  
<font color=red>When does this become a factor?</font color=red>

When the rock/stump you want to drive over is 6.8"./w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

If everything on your land measures 6.6" or less then the BX would/could work for you. I didn't take the time to measure everything at my place but my BX22 has been a dream/w3tcompact/icons/love.gif. C

/ Ground Clearance on BX2200 #3  
I've run into clearance problems a couple of times with my BX. So far it's only been a problem when I have the rear blade mounted. It hasn't happened everytime, only occasonily. I have the Woods RB60 rear blade and it's got a 15" moldboard. I think that a rear blade with a 10-12" moldboard would suit the BX better.

I like the Woods blade, and found it to be heavier duty than the smaller moldboard blades I looked at.

Jim

/ Ground Clearance on BX2200 #4  
Mark, If you are going to spend much time off lawn, then the BX is probably not for you. I am a enthusiastic BX owner, but all my work is done on two parcels of lawn and a driveway.
The overall height of the tractor does present some raising problems with three point hitch implements. I have a stone rake for sale because the BX only gives me around 5-6 inches of clearance when the implement is raised. The newer implements like the King Kutter XB series should solve that problem.

/ Ground Clearance on BX2200 #5  
The only issue that I've had with a BX22 is not with the tractor - but with the backhoe. I have to occasionally cross a stream with 3 foot banks on each side and the hoe will hit as the tractor goes up the other side. If it would have been mounted 2 inches higher it would be perfect. I suppose it really depends on your land and its features.