Know what I found but what do I need?

/ Know what I found but what do I need? #1  

fencepost

Hello everybody. I don't currently own a tractor but have been around some in my life. I'm looking for a tractor (loosly) would have to be a steal of a deal with my finances. I found a 460 Long but don't really know anything about them or where to find parts in my area, northwest AL. I also looked at a Yanmar 2000 green tractor that looks pretty good but have gotten scared by some of the posts on here about vn recons. How do I identify the Yanmar the number under the starter is 2TR20-03188. Any help on the Long would be great to. It has a bucket on the front and power steering, looks good has no grill, but other than that looks good. Not very educated on off brand tractors so any help would be great. The school here also has a 1715 Ford that looks good and a car dealer has a 600 Ford. I have 40 acres and need to bushhog and want a bucket to do some defferent stuff around the house.

/ Know what I found but what do I need? #2  
Hello everybody. I don't currently own a tractor but have been around some in my life. I'm looking for a tractor (loosly) would have to be a steal of a deal with my finances. I found a 460 Long but don't really know anything about them or where to find parts in my area, northwest AL. I also looked at a Yanmar 2000 green tractor that looks pretty good but have gotten scared by some of the posts on here about vn recons. How do I identify the Yanmar the number under the starter is 2TR20-03188. Any help on the Long would be great to. It has a bucket on the front and power steering, looks good has no grill, but other than that looks good. Not very educated on off brand tractors so any help would be great. The school here also has a 1715 Ford that looks good and a car dealer has a 600 Ford. I have 40 acres and need to bushhog and want a bucket to do some defferent stuff around the house.

Sounds like what you are looking at should fall in the $2500-$3000 range. Parts can still be found for the Old Longs and we can help on most of them. I would not worry about parts for the Ford 600 or 1715. 40 acres of Brush hogging would be a tall order for the 2000 Yanmar and parts can be a problem. Ken Sweet