Buying Advice Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #1  

Artesia Aggie

Silver Member
I am looking to purchase my first tractor and came here looking for information. I have about 11 acres and some animals looking for something with a loader, tiller, roughcut mower, blade and anything else my wife will let me buy.

Any thoughts? I want to stick to dealers in my area which include Deere, Mahindra, New Holland and Kubota.

So far the Deere and Mahindra dealers seem to be the most responsive. Looked at a Deere2520, 3032E and a Mahindra 2816

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #2  
Depending on dealer reputation of taking care of customers and how long they have been in business, I would rate those 4 lines in this order: Deere, Kubota,NH,Mahindra. Ken Sweet

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #3  
Artesia Aggie,
What type terrain do you have and where are you located?

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #4  
If it were me looking, I would sit in every size and brand of tractor that I was considering. THEY DO NOT ALL FEEL THE SAME! One model may feel very comfortable and another model of the same make may not. Find at least a couple of models that you like, then try and decide which dealer of the models that you like, you feel best working with. Then start working on details, what options, how much $$$$ etc. Compare specs of the models that you are considering, be sure that they are close to each other. (they usually are at least similar) Be sure to ask about all the different options, some you may want and some maybe not, but almost always those options are less $$$$ at the original time of tractor purchase.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask more questions here at TBN.

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota
Thanks for the quick responses. The terrain here is very flat, just a small very gentle slope.

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #6  
I know this is an expensive frivolous option, a cab, it keeps you out of the weather on those long cold, windy winter days and from cooking in the summer. I should have opted for a cab in the first place.

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #7  
It's all orange for me,I owned a B2150 for 10 1/2 yrs without one dissapointment and recently bought a new B3030:thumbsup: which so far I really like,my dad bought a new B7200 in '87 that he still uses with nothing more than regular maintenance, we have several family members and friends with this brand and not one would change colors! Good luck with your choice,they are all good tractors so have fun with what color you choose.

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #8  
Of the 3 big names you listed (NH, Deere, and Kubota) I would say your decision should be made based on how the tractor feels to you, and how the dealer is treating you. And as for dealer, I'm not talking about just the salesman. Check out the parts and service departments too. Those two things will make a much bigger difference for the years to come after your purchase than any brand name or color. All three have plenty of pros and cons and I don't see any of them as the one "best" brand.

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #9  
Try Mahindra first. Then try out the others. You will go back to the Mahindra and buy it. I tried Mahindra last and bought wondering why I didn't try it first and avoid wasting all that time trying out the others.

/ Deere, Mahindra, New Holland or Kubota #10  
When choosing a new tractor, I would consider: The dealers reputation, the tractor and its options, and the resell value of the tractor in that area. I don't have a lot of Kubota dealers in my area and when my neighbor wanted to trade his late model Kubota with CHA to a New JD with CHA, the JD dealer said he did not want a Kubota on his lot and would allow him $10000 for the tractor on trade. Of course that made my neighbor mad as heck and he wont be back to the JD dealer. Ken Sweet