Farmall 80 pricing..

/ Farmall 80 pricing.. #1  

WJP81

I'm looking to purchase a new tractor soon this summer and pretty much am set on the Farmall 80. The best price I have received is $31k with MFWD, L730 loader, quick attach 83" bucket, 18.4-30 wheels with weights, 2 mid SCVs, 2 rear SCVs, fluid in rear tires, standard 12x12 transmission, 72 engine hp, 62 pto, and horizontal exhaust kit. I think over $30k is too much for this tractor, what do you all think? I've heard they repel fuel at a gallon or less an hour non-tilling.

Also, I could still be persuaded into the 5075E JD with same options with a 553 loader, but smaller 16.9-28 tires, the rear lift is less, the loader lift is less, smaller fuel tank, 9x3 lacks on the go shifting and only 3 gears will let you move to reverse while moving, the tractor weighs 1,200 pounds less then the Case. The best price I am getting for that is $30,500, but just seems like less of a tractor. I have Case/NH and JD dealer in the area, I plan to stick with one of those brands for that reason. I don't want a blue tractor but would the TD80D be lower priced then the Case?

Oh yeah, I'm using it for 20 acres of small square/round baling(4x5), mostly squares though. Will be using it around the yard for small tasks. Thanks for any info, new to the forums but have searched around for about six months now!

/ Farmall 80 pricing.. #2  
List on your configuration is $36790 without the loader. Figure the loader at $6000-6500 , so you're in the $43k range. $31k sounds like a deal to me. And the NH isn't going to be priced that much different.

/ Farmall 80 pricing.. #3  
One of the things that seem to be making a difference to some on tractors with out cabs is the noise that the engines are making.

Having to wear ear protection sure does take the fun out!