25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #11  
I just bought the JD 2320 (24 horse), it was the same price as the Bobcat and Kioti that I priced, so why not JD?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a John Deere fan all the way. I own one and I love it. But the JD2320 just isn't in the same class as the CK27/30/35 or Bobcat equivalents when it comes to capability:

Spec JD2320 Kioti CK27
HP 24 28
tranny 2 range 3 range HST
hyd pump 5.6 12.7 gpm
3pt 1150 1764 lbs
wgt 1660 3161 lbs
gnd clr 12.5 13.8
loader 899 1155 lbs
backhoe 6.5 7.5 feet reach

Even the CK20 out specs it in 3 pt lift, hydraulic flow, loader lift, and weight. As I said before, if you need to mow, the Deeres and Kubotas are the way to go. But, if you want to dig, you'd better have some weight behind you and the hydraulics to run bigger implements.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #12  
I can tell you from my shopping when I bought my tractor that the Kubota B2620 was my choice over the B2320. Mainly because it had a larger loader that the smaller B. I also looked heavily at the BX series before I made my purchase and I'm glad I went with the B. I have a FEL, BH, and the 60" MMM for my machine.

Price wise, I purchased my tractor WITHOUT the MMM in 2008 I paid $20,000 for the tractor, FEL, and BH with the upgraded alternator, and the BH thumb. I recently purchased the MMM for another $2500.

A few more points for the B series is that there is now a Kubota QA that will fit the front loader (from the LA504, but will fit the LA364 on the B2620 and B2920) Also there is a factory pallet fork option that will fit this QA/loader. The MMM is easy to get on and off, lots of room under there to work.

I would have to say that for me the B2620 has been the Swiss army knife of tractors. It may not have been the best machine for everything I have asked of it, but it never let me down. Loader is strong, BH is strong, MMM cuts great.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #13  
most cat 1 attqchments that fit a 25 hp tractor are gonna fit most all 25 hp tractors.. so the brand issue is mostly a wash.. buy whatever one you like.

as for the tractor itself.. best way to decide is to test drive a few of them. the 'big 3' units will all be roughly equal in quality. it just boils down to ergonomics, dealer, and options.. and of course.. $$

soundguy

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #14  
It never ceases to amaze me !!!! Why does no one ever seem to metion New Holland ?

What has New Holland ever done to you guys ?

I have had a NH - TC -29 since new in 2000 and it has performed flawlessly...I do my own maintenace and have nothing but good to say about the tractor , the dealer and New Holland..but somehow this site seems to be all Kubota and once in awhile Deere is tolerated...Beats me !:confused:

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #15  
People know what they know, and don't often talk about brands they don't know (most people anyway). So, those that know NH, good, bad, or indifferent, will have to speak up, just as you did. I honestly know nothing about them except they are an ugly (to me anyway) shade of blue.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #16  
Why does no one ever seem to metion New Holland ?

It's funny that your post comes 5 min after SOUNDGUY, who mentions
the "big three", and has that nice blue avatar.

Why not more CNH? Maybe because not so many TBN members have one.
I would love to own one myself, to get first-hand experience with one. They
are just not usually available locally. I have even been to the nearest
dealer a few times, and he was thousands more than JD or Kubota for
equivalent models. I am told that is not true across the country, however.

I really like the blue color, too. And Case's red even more.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #17  
A Kubota BX25 is basicly a BX2360 Kubota with a subframe and Backhoe (BH). If you feel the subcompact size is a good fit for your applications and you want a BH, the BX25 is very competitively priced. If you go to the Kubota website and use the Build my Kubota feature and price a BX2360 with a FEL and then a BX25 which comes with the BH and FEL as part of the package, you will see the difference in cost is about $4800. Adding a BH to a B tractor is more in the $7K range.

You can buy all of the same implements for a BX that you can buy for a B. They are just a bit smaller in width and usually height. Because of the smaller tires on the BX, the 3 pt hitch will not go as high as on the B, so the taller implements would not work as well and the BX does not weigh as much so it would have trouble handling quite as heavy of implements plus the 3 pt hitch will not lift as much. As for the cost of the implements, it is almost always cheaper when buying new to buy the smaller implements assuming the same brand and quality. If buying used, you might find it easier to find used implements for the B sized tractors.

When we were shopping, we tried a BX24 and a couple of B's. The BX was attractive because I could buy it for the same price as the B's and it had the BH. But we own some recreational property that is rougher terrain and I felt it was better at this time to sacrifice the BH but get the little bit larger tractor. But there are many loyal happy BX owners on this forum who can demonstrate the capacity of a BX far exceeds a garden tractor.

I am speaking in terms of Kubota as that is the only product line I know to any degree, but there are obviously others, including New Holland.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #18  
I just bought the JD 2320 (24 horse), it was the same price as the Bobcat and Kioti that I priced, so why not JD?

Because the 2320 is a lightweight subCUT not a CUT. Kinda like saying I got a Ford Ranger for the same price as a F150, why not do it?

The Bobcat and Kioti are the same Daedong tractor with different color paint. Even the smallest Bobcat/Kioti is much heavier with higher lift capacities etc than the subCUTs. SubCUTs are great for mowing and around the house duties. Not so great in the field or woods.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #19  
It never ceases to amaze me !!!! Why does no one ever seem to metion New Holland ?

As Dfk said.. i mentioned CNH as part of the 'big 3'

As most know.. I'm quite biased -towards- CNH, NH, and ford.

soundguy

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #20  
What tractors , 25 hp would most consider the better all round machine. What would be the price differences? A 25 hp with an FEL and Backhoe attachment would be the ideal. As well, which brand offers the better attachments or cheaper attacments. Thanks.

I say it depends on dealer and parts more then brand. I bought a jinma 254 and I'll put that up against any name brand any day. Especially when I looked at the $$$$ comparison. Okay bash away, I figure,.,.,. I must be stupid, non-american, never do any real work with the machine, a flat out lier etc etc etc. :laughing: :laughing: