25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #1  

VroomVroom

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2816 HST, Super M farmall, J5 bombardier, 230 timber jack skidder
What tractors , 25 hp would most consider the better all round machine. What would be the price differences? A 25 hp with an FEL and Backhoe attachment would be the ideal. As well, which brand offers the better attachments or cheaper attacments. Thanks.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #2  
What tractors , 25 hp would most consider the better all round machine. What would be the price differences? A 25 hp with an FEL and Backhoe attachment would be the ideal. As well, which brand offers the better attachments or cheaper attacments. Thanks.

Well, the sub-compacts by Deere and Kubota are very popular. Deere 2305 and the BX series by Kubota.

Don't know about priceing but, I would think the manufacturer's try to compete. Of course, shortly after price, you will want a dealer that is good to deal with.

What tasks will you be using the tractor for.??

Lots of good tractors out there.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #3  
The better ones will be the higher price ones. Stands to reason that the used market will value the more-reliable, parts-available tractors higher than the lesser ones. So you can factor that into your equation. A good dealer is probably most important to you, when you are not familiar with what is out there.

But all models and makes of 25 hp tractors will not be equal in price, even in near-equal condition (hours, wear, tear).

It is risky going into this cold turkey, thinking "cheap".

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #4  
The Kubota B2630 is a really nice tractor, but as mentioned JD, NH, MF and others make really good machines as well with some differences in price when you get to Mahindra and Kioti. I would look at all of them, run the spec sheets against what you need and then spend some time on them to narrow it down even more. I don't know of any of the top sellers that makes bad tractors, so you should come out well no matter what you choose.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons
Hi, is there much of a difference in pricing between the b2320 and the bx25? I notice it appears the 2320 has more attachment possibilitys..but the bx comes standard with the backhoe and fel?

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #7  
There's really no such thing as one tractor being better than another for all types of tasks. It really depends on what you want to do with the machine. If your primary chores involve mowing and a lot of work on a manicured lawn, then you want a lighter tractor. If your primary chores are digging, plowing, and other types of ground engagement then you want a heavier tractor. Good hyraulics, with good flow and several remote options are important for loader and backhoe attachments. PTO horsepower will be important for mowing, snowblowing, and chipper work. The point is that HP is just one of many different parameters you need to consider.

List your chores you plan to do, in the order of the most frequent on down. Then research what are the key specs that affect those chores. And let that guide you on a tractor. Don't limit yourself to just 25 HP; consider 20 - 35 HP range. Transmission type is also a consideration as manuals save money, are great for constant speed work, but aren't as good for fine control Whereas HST's rob horsepower but are excellent for back and forth and manuevering in tight spaces. My suggestion is HST, but add a few horses to compensate for the loss of power.

Now a couple of specific suggestions based on the little info you've given us. If you want a very capable digger, consider the Kioti CK20S or Bobcat CT220 (same tractor basically). For its size, there is probably none better for backhoe/loader work. It's way better than the subcompacts out there. If you want something more substantial that is a real work horse in the dirt, look at the Kioti CK27 or CK30/35 (or Bobcat equivalents). They are heavier and have more hydraulic capacities than most in this size. Another good digger would be a Mahindra or a Branson. Both quite heavy with good loaders/backhoes. The MF 1600 series are very nice too. A lot of folks like the subcompact MF 4200 series if you want that size machine.

For mowing Kubota and John Deere are hard to beat. MF 1500 series is also a good fit here. But, they will cost you a bit more.

Now if you want something bigger than a subcut that is a good digger, yet agile for cutting grass without breaking the bank, consider the TYM T293. This is alot of power in a nice compact size.

Good thing is there are a lot to choose from, and all are quite good.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #8  
Something else to note - don't try to compare specs of 20-25hp tractors w/added fel & backhoe to the Kubota B21 or B26. These are heavy-duty typically construction-use machines with higher capacities and strength for their size.

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons #9  
I just bought the JD 2320 (24 horse), it was the same price as the Bobcat and Kioti that I priced, so why not JD?

/ 25 horsepower tractor pricing, comparisons
Hello, thanks for all the info. I have a super M international, and j5 bombardiers. However...I was looking for something around the house I could dig with, and possibly use in the winter to clear small parking lots and sidewalks with the snow blower and such. I also noticed rototiller option on the bigger model I mentioned. The Bx25 Im nervous of it being too small, as well as I didnt notice if it could power the tiller. I thought of doing a little work with it in the city for landscaping and snow clearing if I could. I didnt price any models..but a friend recent bought a bx25 but hasnt used it yet for about 20000 plus tax. When it comes to the b2320 and the bx25, which is cheaper when set up similar with the attachments?