Help Me Decide

/ Help Me Decide #1  

CurtisG

Bronze Member
Tractor
2010 Kubota L2800XtraPower
:confused:I am in the process of deciding which tractor I want to buy to replace my old one. I want a FEL along with either a brush cutter or finishing mower. My choices have been narrowed down to two manufacturers. Either a Kubota B2620HSD/B2920HSD or a Mahindra 2516HST/2816HST. The Mahindra's seem to be a sturdier built tractor along with a 5 year warranty, but I know the Kubota has a very good reputation. Any help would be appreciated.
I also looked at a LS model S3010 and was impressed with the build but don't know about the quality of it. Both the Mahindra & LS use a Mitsubishi engine.

Thanks,
Curt
1987 DeutzAllis 5220

/ Help Me Decide #3  
Dead member ...

I am totally confused. Did you have a mini stroke?

To the OP, I would go with Kubota hands down if the price and specs are similar. I will put my flame suit on first. Lots of people like Mahindra on TBN but in my area, the resale of a kubota is much better than a Mahindra. Kubota also has more dealers, better name recognition, and builds a very good tractor. Only 2 mahindra dealers in my state. Mahindra dealers have a tendency to come and go. Other than on a dealers lot, I have never seen a Mahindra in actual use. Your area may be different.

/ Help Me Decide #4  
I am totally confused. Did you have a mini stroke?
No .. That quote comes from the thread. That new member made it to 10 posts and was deleted. What you see is an example captured in my predictive response. I also have a cute private message from it.
larry

/ Help Me Decide #5  
I would have to agree with the other poster unless things are much different in your area. We now have no Mahindra dealers in our area, but I am sure someone will try again.

I can't honestly say Kubota is a better tractor, but in the long run I would buy one now due to dealer support, resale value and such.

/ Help Me Decide #6  
:confused:I am in the process of deciding which tractor I want to buy to replace my old one. I want a FEL along with either a brush cutter or finishing mower. My choices have been narrowed down to two manufacturers. Either a Kubota B2620HSD/B2920HSD or a Mahindra 2516HST/2816HST. The Mahindra's seem to be a sturdier built tractor along with a 5 year warranty, but I know the Kubota has a very good reputation. Any help would be appreciated.
I also looked at a LS model S3010 and was impressed with the build but don't know about the quality of it. Both the Mahindra & LS use a Mitsubishi engine.

Thanks,
Curt
1987 DeutzAllis 5220

The Kubota CUT's are going to be lighter in weight than any other tractor of comparable size and horsepower. They are designed to do the same work of a much larger and heavier tractor. This is what Kubota does best.

/ Help Me Decide
:)Thanks for the replies, after reviewing the specs on both I don't see a lot of difference other than the larger displacement engine on the Mahindra and slightly higher lift capacities. Both dealers are reputable but if Kubota comes back with the 0% financing in June, I will probably go with the B2620HST/FEL.
The Mahindra was priced about $1300 lower than the Kubota but if financed the rate was 4.99% so the Kubota would be cheaper in the end. If I pay cash the Mahindra is the better deal. As this is the last tractor I will buy (I'm getting old!) the resale value doesn't apply. I hope to make a decision next week, I'll keep you posted on what I purchase.

Curt

/ Help Me Decide #8  
:)Thanks for the replies, after reviewing the specs on both I don't see a lot of difference other than the larger displacement engine on the Mahindra and slightly higher lift capacities. Both dealers are reputable but if Kubota comes back with the 0% financing in June, I will probably go with the B2620HST/FEL.
The Mahindra was priced about $1300 lower than the Kubota but if financed the rate was 4.99% so the Kubota would be cheaper in the end. If I pay cash the Mahindra is the better deal. As this is the last tractor I will buy (I'm getting old!) the resale value doesn't apply. I hope to make a decision next week, I'll keep you posted on what I purchase.

Curt
" As this is the last tractor I will buy (I'm getting old!) the resale value doesn't apply."

Ahhh, I'm getting old too.....So you are going to take your tractor with you when you go like me....smart move...:laughing::thumbsup:

/ Help Me Decide #9  
Both are excellent tractor makes...I agree with going with one who has a good local dealer...Good luck.

Don

/ Help Me Decide #10  

Curt

I don't know how old you are, but if it works for you then that is the way to go. I too am getting old and thought my last two tractors were my last and now I am planning my next purchase down the road.