Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 Kubota L2800XtraPower

Default Help Me Decide

I am in the process of deciding which tractor I want to buy to replace my old one. I want a FEL along with either a brush cutter or finishing mower. My choices have been narrowed down to two manufacturers. Either a kubota B2620HSD/B2920HSD or a Mahindra 2516HST/2816HST. The Mahindra's seem to be a sturdier built tractor along with a 5 year warranty, but I know the Kubota has a very good reputation. Any help would be appreciated.
    I also looked at a LS model S3010 and was impressed with the build but don't know about the quality of it. Both the Mahindra & LS use a Mitsubishi engine.

Thanks,
    Curt
    1987 DeutzAllis 5220

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Default Re: Help Me Decide

Quote Originally Posted by I eat your babys View Post
    urs name is faggish so gtfo retard, and suck my lawn
    Dead member ...
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Elite Member
    Tractor
    JD 4520, Toolcat 5610, Bobcat S300, Case-IH 125 Pro, Case-IH 245, IH 1086, IH 806

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERLK View Post
    Dead member ...
    I am totally confused. Did you have a mini stroke?

To the OP, I would go with kubota hands down if the price and specs are similar. I will put my flame suit on first. Lots of people like Mahindra on TBN but in my area, the resale of a kubota is much better than a Mahindra. Kubota also has more dealers, better name recognition, and builds a very good tractor. Only 2 mahindra dealers in my state. Mahindra dealers have a tendency to come and go. Other than on a dealers lot, I have never seen a Mahindra in actual use. Your area may be different.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    JD2010, Kubota3450,2550, Mahindra 7520 w FEL w Skid Steer QC w/Tilt Tatch, & BH, BX1500

Quote Originally Posted by radman1 View Post
    I am totally confused. Did you have a mini stroke?
    No .. That quote comes from the thread. That new member made it to 10 posts and was deleted. What you see is an example captured in my predictive response. I also have a cute private message from it.
    larry
    This side of 40
    JD2010, Kubota L3450/FEL w SK QC, L2550 w FEL
    Mahindra 7520 [Pinky] /FEL w Skid Steer QC/w Tilt Tatch & BH, BX1500 [Mighty Mouse]
    IH37 Baler, CCM165 Drum Mower, JD Rake
    JD 127 bushog, Flail, SK Tilt Tatch , KK tiller, Rhino rear blade, Post driver, post auger, chipper, pallet fork, Grapple/Loader Buddy, Homemade Splitter/DC Welder

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I would have to agree with the other poster unless things are much different in your area. We now have no Mahindra dealers in our area, but I am sure someone will try again.

I can't honestly say kubota is a better tractor, but in the long run I would buy one now due to dealer support, resale value and such.
    "An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett

Tractor
    Kubota B7800 with FEL

Quote Originally Posted by CurtisG View Post
    I am in the process of deciding which tractor I want to buy to replace my old one. I want a FEL along with either a brush cutter or finishing mower. My choices have been narrowed down to two manufacturers. Either a kubota B2620HSD/B2920HSD or a Mahindra 2516HST/2816HST. The Mahindra's seem to be a sturdier built tractor along with a 5 year warranty, but I know the Kubota has a very good reputation. Any help would be appreciated.
    I also looked at a LS model S3010 and was impressed with the build but don't know about the quality of it. Both the Mahindra & LS use a Mitsubishi engine.

Thanks,
    Curt
    1987 DeutzAllis 5220
    The Kubota CUT's are going to be lighter in weight than any other tractor of comparable size and horsepower. They are designed to do the same work of a much larger and heavier tractor. This is what Kubota does best.

Tractor
    2010 Kubota L2800XtraPower

Thanks for the replies, after reviewing the specs on both I don't see a lot of difference other than the larger displacement engine on the Mahindra and slightly higher lift capacities. Both dealers are reputable but if kubota comes back with the 0% financing in June, I will probably go with the B2620HST/FEL.
    The Mahindra was priced about $1300 lower than the Kubota but if financed the rate was 4.99% so the Kubota would be cheaper in the end. If I pay cash the Mahindra is the better deal. As this is the last tractor I will buy (I'm getting old!) the resale value doesn't apply. I hope to make a decision next week, I'll keep you posted on what I purchase.

Curt

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Thanks for the replies, after reviewing the specs on both I don't see a lot of difference other than the larger displacement engine on the Mahindra and slightly higher lift capacities. Both dealers are reputable but if kubota comes back with the 0% financing in June, I will probably go with the B2620HST/FEL.
    The Mahindra was priced about $1300 lower than the Kubota but if financed the rate was 4.99% so the Kubota would be cheaper in the end. If I pay cash the Mahindra is the better deal. As this is the last tractor I will buy (I'm getting old!) the resale value doesn't apply. I hope to make a decision next week, I'll keep you posted on what I purchase.

Curt
    " As this is the last tractor I will buy (I'm getting old!) the resale value doesn't apply."

Ahhh, I'm getting old too.....So you are going to take your tractor with you when you go like me....smart move...
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Tractor
    Kubota BX23 TLB

Both are excellent tractor makes...I agree with going with one who has a good local dealer...Good luck.

Don

Tractor
    Kubota M8540HDC, L5740HSTC, BX2200, BX2660, John Deere 425&1025R, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Curt
    I don't know how old you are, but if it works for you then that is the way to go. I too am getting old and thought my last two tractors were my last and now I am planning my next purchase down the road.
    "An opinion should be the result of thought, not a substitute for it." - Jef Mallett

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast