Dealers in upstate NY

/ Dealers in upstate NY #11  
Try KC-Canary, 3010 Route 5S, Fultonville, NY. They are a big JD dealer that I bought my JD4710 from this past Spring. Call Mark Brucker at 518-853-3405 for info and to let him know your needs. He may have a good used tractor as they have a large stock on hand at any given time.

/ Dealers in upstate NY #12  
If you are just shopping price (not that I recommend that... a good dealer can make a LOT of difference) the cheapest price I found on NH tractors was Bechard in Champlain, NY. They're a good ways east of you (near the Canadian and VT borders), but they were willing to deliver to me south of Burlington, VT. (BTW... I ended up paying about $500 more and going to a loacal dealer with a very good service reputation).

John Mc

/ Dealers in upstate NY #13  
<font color=blue>BTW, anyone know what is involved in getting a LEGITAMATE NY Ag sales tax exemption?</font color=blue>

Following is what I posted in a thread entitled 'Tax Exempt Tractor Sales in New YorK' in this forum this past March that may be of help to you.

I don't know if everyone realizes this but I thought I'd share this in passing.

There are certain conditions whereupon New York State residents may qualify for tax exempt sales status in the purchase of their compact utility tractors. The prerequisite conditions have to be if your CUT is being used in a working commercial operation at least 50% of the time. There is no apparant distinction between whether you are the one operating the commercial operation or whether you are using your CUT as part of someone else's commercial operation. All you would have to do is complete a local sales tax exemption certificate ST-125 that most dealers have or should have. It's mostly agricultural farmers that qualify for this exemption but under certain circumstances others may also qualify. For specifics of the statutory provisions, check out the following link. See Paragraph (6), subparagraph (B):

http://www.findlaw.com/

Left double click on U.S. State Resources and then click on your respective State and conduct a search for provisions dealing with 'sales tax exemptions.' Alternatively, you can also pointedly ask your local dealers for information on tax exempt sales.

I was thinking on this a bit and realized most dealers may not even think of asking potential CUT customers if they would qualify because CUT owners are predominantly hobby and 'gentlemen' farmers and we use our machines to knock around our properties. But, there are some of us that may qualify (I being one ) and I wanted to pass this along to make others aware. This could mean a potential savings of $1-2.5K or more that you could keep in your pocket. Hope this helps someone.

Regards,
Bob Ancar
Cambridge, NY

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Von,

"Far out!" as they used to say. I'm moving right to the metropolis of Three Mile Bay myself - 18 acres on Rt 12E, with just a smidgeon of waterfront on the Bay. Funny, eh?

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Rancar,

Appreciate it - I'll see if I can stomach those JD prices. I grew up on a Wisconsin dairy farm on a JD "A" and "B" as well as my grandfather's Ford 2N - so I like green, but the pocketbook has a swing vote.

And thanks muchly for the sales tax thread - I'll pursue that later today

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY
John,

Point well taken. BTW, how do you like that TC33D? I read lots of good things about them. Any major shortcomings you have discovered?

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY #17  
<font color=green>I'll see if I can stomach those JD prices.</font color=green>

It's all about quality Brad. You get what you pay for. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Bob

/ Dealers in upstate NY #18  
Hey Omegaman,

I was hoping that NorthCreek would have seen this by now,and replied.

But seeing as how he has not,I'd suggest giving his dealer Tractorland in Gormley,Ontario a call directly. 905-726-2283 or 416-657-2817 just ask for Bob,and tell him what info you need,and that I sent ya.

How's the Colorado team looking this year? What about their present mascot? He's a fairly new one,if I remember correctly only had him a year or two.

/ Dealers in upstate NY #19  
Woodbeef, I've been lurking in the weeds waiting for the right time to spring out.
Actually Brad(Omegaman)called me on the phone and we discussed my Kioti purchase up in Canada at Tractorland.
I think Brad is getting all his ducks in a row before pulling the trigger.........Take care,Mike

/ Dealers in upstate NY #20  
<font color=red>It's all about quality Brad. You get what you pay for.</font color=red>

But sometimes it's about a company living on a reputation and people coming to buy like zombies.
My buddy Hank's JD 4410 is a nice machine,but he told me(voluntarily)that my Kioti DK 40 was more ruggedly built and was floored by the price difference.
Now I don't mean to slam JD's or JD owners,but if dollars were a true indicator of quality we would all have $600.00 hammers in our tool boxes(like the military does)......Mike