Dealers in upstate NY

/ Dealers in upstate NY #1  

omegaman

Tractor
NH TC35D, as of 10 18/02
Hi all,

I'm moving in a couple of weeks to the Watertown NY area to 18 acres. Am still looking at a variety of tractor makes - Kioti, NH, Kubota, new or very good used. Can anyone out there give me input on some of the local dealers up that way? There are -

Walldroff in Watertown - apparantly deals in all "big three"

White's in Lowville - NH & Kubota, also has two other upstate NY locations

Ranmar in Pulaski - Kioti plus other smaller name makes (Long, Zetor, etc.)

Also in Kingston ONT, about an hour from me, there are a couple of dealers.

Any experiences or stories, good or bad? Thanks!

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY #2  
I've shopped at Waldroff's, "inherited" a tractor purchased at RanMar and the relationship that went with it, and bought a Kubota 4610 from White's.

If you want a Kioti or Long, I wouldn't hesitate to shop and RanMar--nice people, treated me well for years. I ultimately chose a Kubota, so I didn't buy from them. If they still sold NH, I probably would have purchased from them just because of my history with them. Can't really comment on pricing because I didn't get a "real" quote from them. They don't have much new inventory in Long or Kioti. Seem to favor Long.

I shopped at Waldroff's in Watertown. I spent a couple hours with them, went to an open house, etc. Nice people, but they quote and don't negotiate (at least, that's what the VP told me). I took him at his word. If they'd been closer on price, I'd probably have bought there since I'm in Watertown more frequently than any of the areas where White's is. I test drove a NH there and could have test driven a Kubota as well (did that at White's). He seemed to favor NH over Kubota.

I ultimately bought from White's. Their price was OK by standards here, but not as good as Carver. I went local partly because of philosophy and partly because I wanted local service. They've treated me reasonably well, though I wouldn't have minded a little more personal attention after the sale.

-Chris

/ Dealers in upstate NY #3  
There are dealers for the majors in the Kingston area. ASlso there are dealers in Brockville and Belleville. There is also a Branson dealer south of Belleville.

NorthCreek bought a crated Kioti from the Toronto area and had it shipped to NY. So that is another idea.

/ Dealers in upstate NY #4  
Don't know if SNELL Kubota dealer in Potsdam is too far but without a doubt they cannot be beat for price and service. I love my B7500 I bought from those folks.
Tell Mark or Matt hello for me.

/ Dealers in upstate NY #5  
Brad:can't help u much with dealers up that way, but u guys sure brought back some memories , naming those towns. watertown. pulaski, potsdam. used to hunt in st. Regis falls area back in the 60's and 70"s. hope u don't mind me taking it off subject.

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Chris,

Very specific and pertinent! Thanks for sharing your experience. I compared Ranmar's quote on the Kioti DK 45 to a prominent website, Little's in IL; found it higher than the internet price by $1000. But as you say, local dealer etc.

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Woodbeef,

Thanks for the info. Do you have any idea how a cross-border purchase like this would work? The Kioti dealer in Athens scratched his head over it, wasn't quite sure. Said he could meet me at the border, wasn't sure how refund of taxes would work. The idea of avoiding the NY state sales tax is very appealing. BTW, I lived in Colorado for 9 years - Go Buffalos (er, Bison)! (College football stuff).

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Tawoo,

I met a guy who just bought a L4300 DT from up that way; he was very happy with the price. I will have to give them a call. Thanks. Then there is that question of who to take it to if it busts . . .

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY
Frank,

It's great country up there - I can't say "here" yet as I will move "there" in 3 weeks!

BTW, anyone know what is involved in getting a LEGITAMATE NY Ag sales tax exemption?

Brad

/ Dealers in upstate NY #10  
Brad, There are some dealers in Adams along 81. I don't know the names, I just drive by them when I go visit the inlaws who live in Three Mile Bay. Where abouts are you going to be living?