chinese maybe!!!

/ chinese maybe!!! #12  
considering a chinese tractor around 35hp mark with fel, any feedback on these tractors would be great as there are many models/brands choose from.thnks

Own a 254 jinma{over 4yrs now} it is a work horse. I did go through it when I bought it, change ALL fluids check nuts and bolts etc.... I use mine for logging snowplowing hauling dirt digging leveling ......... I have been VERY rough with mine and it has never let me down. I believe these are great machines especially for the price. Like others have said go through it and buy from a good dealer{there are a few that visit here}.

/ chinese maybe!!! #13  
My friend has one and he calls it a "handyman's tractor" as there is always something to fix.:laughing:
They are cheap but you do get what you pay for. As others have said, go to the Chinese forum and READ before you buy.;)

/ chinese maybe!!! #14  
I have had my 284 Jinma for a few years now. Before I bought it I did a lot of research and bought the Jinma because of popularity versus other chinese makes. The loader on it is North American.So far - no big complaints. Does everything I ask of it and does not break easily

/ chinese maybe!!! #15  
My friend has one and he calls it a "handyman's tractor" as there is always something to fix.:laughing:

Seems like allmost all of the negative stories about the jinma{chinese} tractors come from the friend of an uncles sisters brother who lives next to ..........:rolleyes:

/ chinese maybe!!! #16  
Seems like allmost all of the negative stories about the jinma{chinese} tractors come from the friend of an uncles sisters brother who lives next to ..........:rolleyes:

Nope, next door neighbor.
I feel sorry for him everytime he borrows tools from me.

/ chinese maybe!!! #17  

Nope, 1 time dealer for about 6 months. Ken Sweet

/ chinese maybe!!! #18  
ditto what the others said.. research then get a common brand, with a good long term dealer.

And ditto about being a bit hands on.. kinda like owning an antique tractor.. some things just like a lil attention before they go to work.

I think the biggest issue is qc and hand fitting of some parts that should be assembly line ready...

Now.. if you are considering a chinese unit.. you might want to do some research into a domestic antique or classic. you can likely get a ford 3000 and loader for cheaper than a new chinese with loader.. both will require dirty hands at some point... and the track record ont he ford is decades proven and parts and mechanical support is widespread.. that is.. if it's something you can't fix by reading the book.

soundguy

/ chinese maybe!!! #19  
I owned a Jinma and the best thing I did was sell it at a huge loss so I had some time to do other things than work on it. Maybe it was a Lemon but things kept snowballing and all i had was problems. If you don't mind working on them and buying all sorts of parts all the time buy one. They do have power but the question is if it will start when the key is turned etc.. Depends on what you call a good price. I am happy I have one now that starts, works, and has resale value and not only a few parts distributors for it.. To each their own. Not bashing just talking from experience.

/ chinese maybe!!! #20  
You get what you pay for. One thing you won't get from obscure brands is resale value, either.

Just looked at a "Goldini" 68HP orchard tractor. Very good condition, 4x4, only 665 hours. The seller can't get $7,500 for it with a bush hog 7' mower included. We think it's because the name is not well known, despite being a well built tractor.