Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740 HST

Default Trading Old Reliable

Hello...new to this site but I like the reviews you folks send in.

I have a 1953 Ford Jubilee with a front bucket/post hole digger/woods finishing mower/110 gallon sprayer etc that has served me well for the last ten years but I'm getting older and the armstrong steering is getting to be a challenge so I'm looking to join the modern generation of tractors. My organic business is getting much busier and I keep expanding the garden and fruit trees and I need a machine to make up for the lack of youth and kids that are no longer around.

I rented a 2005 New Holland TC-40DA for the day and enjoyed the power steering but I thought it was a bit "light" in the front even with the bucket. (Anything would be light compared to my Ford with bucket) I have a hay field and I really have to slow down in order to keep the 6 foot bush hog spinning...same with the Ford. I am clearing trees and brush and the TC-40DA wasn't quite up to what I wanted to do with it so I think jumping up to 60 HP would do the job.

New or used...I am comparing the NH 4060 to JD 5065E, JD 5065M and JD 4520/4720. Which one would you folks buy? This will be my last tractor purchase and obviously want to make this a good one. I'm comparing those brands because of the dealers that are in close proximity to me. Both dealers have good reputations.

Any input appreciated

Greg
    Last edited by nebraskasparks; 06-04-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: title