Value of Niplo rotary tiller?

/ Value of Niplo rotary tiller? #1  

sunis

Hello, folks.

I was wondering if you could give me some ideas of the value of a Niplo rotary tiller that I have? It's 5 ft. long and has the letters/numbers CB 1601 on it. There is some rust but it doesn't interfere with it operating. I've used it to till up my garden and it works well; the tines don't seem to be bent.

You can see photos of it here

I'd appreciate any and all input you can give. I haven't turned up much on it. It did come with my Yanmar tractor; I'm not sure if Niplo is a model # or anything like that.

If it helps to give my region for pricing, I'm near Flint/the Thumb area of Michigan. Thanks so much!

/ Value of Niplo rotary tiller? #2  
Picture link not working for me. I am not familiar with that name? Ken Sweet

/ Value of Niplo rotary tiller? #3  
sunis
Welcome to the TBN
I paid $500 for a 60" that sounds to be in similar shape. Works good, tines in very good shape (two needed replacing) with little to no wear. Oil seal leaking, and replaced. Some rust from outdoor storage. Well worth the $500.

Post some pics here, so we don't have to chase them elsewhere. :D
The link doesn't work for me either.

Attachments

• M&M_Tiller.JPG
    M&M_Tiller.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 347
   / Value of Niplo rotary tiller?
Oops, sorry the link didn't work! That's weird. I'll try again.

Also, by looking at this, are you able to tell if it's chain or gear-driven? Sorry for the stupid questions, but I'm a city girl trying to adjust to the country life here...think Green Acres, but not quite as prissy ;) I do appreciate your time and patience.

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

/ Value of Niplo rotary tiller? #5  
Don't need to apologize to us, as we were there once too. :) Looks like there is chain drive on the left end under the cover (not clearly shown in the pic). But I'd say in the $500 range.
But first, track down a place to get parts...knives (blades, cutters, teeth, whatever) and other parts. From the looks of the PTO shaft, etc. may not be too much wear and tear on this.
Any account of the condition of the knives?

Here is a pic of the chain drive under the cover of mine. Yours may be similar.

Attachments

• Chain_sprockets_tiller.jpg
    Chain_sprockets_tiller.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 960
   / Value of Niplo rotary tiller? #6  
Like Beenthere says, Be sure you track down a source for tines before you buy. We have lots of tines for lots of tillers, however, no listing for this machine, at least under that name. Ken Sweet

/ Value of Niplo rotary tiller?
Thank you so much for the input; that helps a lot for me. I'm actually the one selling the rototiller, so I wanted to figure out how to price it. Thanks again!