Buying Advice 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #1  
I have a small subdivision lot. Backyard is 125' wide and 500' long roughly 1.5 acres. Mostly field with a few planted or selected trees left. Previous pasture land so it's fairly flat. Empty lots on both sides so I tend to cut 20-30' over on those lots to keep the briars away.

Goal is to smooth out bumps and keep back brush. So I need box scrape and bushhog / good mower deck. Once I get the land butter smooth I'll switch to a quallty mower for a clean cut look.

3500 is my price cap unless it had a bucket or back hoe attachment.

Alis chalmers B with plow,disc, scrape and mower deck is nearby for 1900. Those lack 3 point hitch but can be adapted. Other models ive seen were
yanmars and Mitsubishi diesels and a few ford 1100 diesels. But I get a kick out of the old looking model b allis chalmers.

Any tips of a solid tractor model?

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #2  
At that price you're at the mercy of what you can find for sale. Alot of 8N and 9N tractors around here, but we don't know where you are. Before buying, make sure it works for what you need to do. Also, understrand that it's not "if" something needs fixed, but when.

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #3  
I'd go get a JD 425 with a 54" deck. Start off with something that will handle the mowing job easily, even if it gets up to a foot or more tall. This tractor will handle the rough and tumble, and be in your price range.

If the humps are in need of trimming such that the mower deck hangs up, then rent a skidsteer with blade, or Harley Rake, or whatever for a couple hundred and take care of them. A one time thing.

Do this only if it satisfies your itch for a tractor. :D

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions
8n and 9n are a bit more than I need. Breakdowns is a factor so I wanted to stick with simple solid proven models that parts can be found for. I do have an itch for a "kewl" old tractor.

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #5  
I had a wonderful Ford 600 that was easy to work on... you could get one in good shape for 3500.

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #6  
try to find a ford hundred series .. ie.. 640, 650, 660 or 840, 850, 860 or those same in the **1 models. 6** are baout 33hp, while 8** are about 45hp. *4* models are 4spd, *5* models are 5spd, *6* models are 5spd with live pto via 2 stage clutch. **0 means 55-57 year model, and **1 means 58-62 year model.

depending on your area, you should be able to get an average 'hundred' series plus a 5' hog and a box blade for your 3500$ number. If not.. shoot for a NAA.. pretty much a 640 with the cruder rear axle design of an 8N.. and an early crude hyd setup similar to the hundred series. NAA and up had live hyds.

in the end, for what you want to do.. even an 9n, 2n, or 8n will do what you want. shoudl be able to get one of those and mower and blade easilly for your 3500$ budget and have $$ left over. 8n is more desireable than the 9/2n due to 4spd trans, both brakes on left, and position control hyds.. however all 33 ae otherwise nearly equal in capabilities. don't pass on a 9n/2n that is otherwise a good deal just to get the 8n hyds if it's a close call for alot more $$.. a 30$ set of limiter chains will let your 9n/2n mower just like an 8n with a lil finess.

I'd for sure get a unit with 3pt lift. and while that B allis is cute.. I think you might want the extra hp and weight the slightly larger n will give you.. again.. look for a hundred series preferably. I'd take an average running and working 00/01 with blade and mower for 3500$ over a good 8n with blade and mower for 2500$

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #7  
That Allis B with a plow, disc and a drag of some type will be perfectly suitable for the work you describe. It'll do everything you need to get the land nice and smooth.:D

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #8  
8n and 9n are a bit more than I need. Breakdowns is a factor so I wanted to stick with simple solid proven models that parts can be found for. I do have an itch for a "kewl" old tractor.

Puzzled now.
If 8N is more than you need, and breakdowns are a factor that you don't want....then I don't know what to say. :D
They don't come any simpler or solid than the 8n Fords. IMO (and I am JD through and through).

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #9  
and you will find parts for the old fords probably more plentifull than just about any other machine. just looking at a farm store like TSC.. probably 3/4 of the tractor parts they carry are for fords. Tons of ford parts thru napa, and if you have part numbers, lotsa ford parts are available at yer local ford CAR dealer parts counter. points.. many bearings.. etc..

soundguy

/ 18-25hp tractor less than $3500 with attachements? Your suggestions #10  
Given the criteria and budget, I would bring someone in to regrade and seed the lot. Then use a residential mower to keep it up. Much easier to transport and once "butter smooth" easier to mow with.

MarkV