Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235?

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #11  
I just used bobcat.com's "Build & Quote" function for a CT445SST (because of the "free loader" on the SST models), which gave me a $21,608 base price. Then I clicked "Free Front End Loader" & it automatically adds $1,000 for "Standard Level Package" (which says "Includes Loader Joystick and Control Valve").

Apparently, nay obviously, you need that in order to actually operate your "free" loader??

I dunno, may still be a decent deal? ... But "free" loader isn't free in this case.

Just for the heck of it, I did the same thing for a CT335SST, & the $1,000 is added to that one, too.

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #12  
Ask the dealer to explain the "free loader" program. Websites sometimes get this sort of thing all screwed up. I'm pretty sure that with the Kioti free loaders it is truly free and includes the loader controls.

I hope you realize that the CT445SST is a LOT more tractor than what you were originally looking at. Great machine but do take a step back and make sure you're not buying a Mack truck to drive to the grocery store.

I note that Bobcat charges extra for some things that Kioti supplies standard. One pair of rear hydraulic ports are standard with the DK. Bobcat also charges about double for the sunshade and bracket.

If you are happy with gear or hydraulic shuttle transmission you might consider the Kioti value line such as the DS4110 or DS4110HS. I haven't priced them but I'd guess they are considerably less than the CT445SST or DK40se.

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #13  
I wouldn't rely on on-line quote calculators to determine price. I suspect it is, at best, a ballpark figure (and a big ballpark at that). Any smart buyer that is serious about buying should test drive the tractors and get quotes (preferrably written) to include ALL costs and fees. It's the only way to know how each machine operates, and what the true bottom line price.

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235?
I hope you realize that the CT445SST is a LOT more tractor than what you were originally looking at. Great machine but do take a step back and make sure you're not buying a Mack truck to drive to the grocery store.

Someone else posted about the 445SST, not myself (the OP) ;)

In my case, the 440HST may be overkill, but having the extra load capacity sure would be nice when needed.

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235?
I wouldn't rely on on-line quote calculators to determine price. I suspect it is, at best, a ballpark figure (and a big ballpark at that). Any smart buyer that is serious about buying should test drive the tractors and get quotes (preferrably written) to include ALL costs and fees. It's the only way to know how each machine operates, and what the true bottom line price.

Prices I got were directly from Bobcat website, so yes, they should be very accurate (as far as MSRP goes)

I immediately take 15% off any price I put together to see what a real world price should be (and what I would be willing to pay)

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #16  
Prices I got were directly from Bobcat website, so yes, they should be very accurate (as far as MSRP goes)

I immediately take 15% off any price I put together to see what a real world price should be (and what I would be willing to pay)

I tried out the Bobcat calculator too. Bobcat seems to nickle and dime you by charging extra for things like rear remotes. Don't forget to add them back

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #17  
I tried out the Bobcat calculator too. Bobcat seems to nickle and dime you by charging extra for things like rear remotes. Don't forget to add them back

You guys are all correct. the free FEL DOES NOT include the joystick and control valve, but you have to have it so I figured for 1000 bucks I got a "free" FEL...what are ya gonna do, it's better then the $4500...to me the tractor HAS to have an FEL.

Also, if you add any options on the "build and quote" it DOES NOT include what the dealer charges to install them. Thats where I made up some of the money through talking with them. You can always negotiate nickels and dimes.

I had the rear and front remotes added on my CT335HST and the rear were pretty reasonable, the lines are already run under the seat, they just need "finished". The fronts on the other hand were a bit pricey, but when you add the length of hoses and diverter valves and install and everything in I figured that if I didn't do it now, who knows when I'd get to it.

Steve

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #18  
Just a couple of quick notes from the original poster on his uses. The idea mower tractor comes in at less then 70 lbs per horsepower so as not to compact the soil to much and cause damage to the turf.

No matter what the rated lift capacity of a loader is, the only thing you as an operator will notice is the break-out!!

/ Kubota L3400 or Bobcat CT235? #19  
Make sure you test drive both tractors before you buy!! One of the main things that led me away from the kubota was the way the 3-point hitch operates - not very smooth. Looked at deere, kubota and bobcat - ended up getting the bobcat cheaper with more options and I am happy so far with my decision. :thumbsup: