Comparison John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #1  

Webbs Hill Fire

I am currently comparing the John Deere 3032e to a Kubota B3300SU. Test drove the Kubota today and really liked it. Both are within a dollar of each other as priced. A Deere dealer is five miles away, and the Kubota dealer is about fifty, but close to my work. Both seem like nice machines, but I am hung up on the JD having the non-quick detach loader. I have a half mile driveway to maintain and about 3-5 ac. of cutting to do. I don't need either model for lawn cutting as I have a zero turn mower. Was wondering if anybody had tried either, or both of the models out. Thanks

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #2  
If a removable FEL is the only stumbling block and you're not going to mow the lawn - ask yourself under what circumstances would the FEL need to be removed. I have the 300cx FEL but in 2+ years have only had if off a couple times - and not really because it needed to come off. There may be more important reasons to choose either the JD or Kub.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #3  
Although the 3032E loader isn't QA, the bucket is (but check to ensure that...ones I've seen were, but that doesn't mean they all are). Just dropping the bucket takes a couple, three hundred pounds off the front end.

Also, the 3032E does not have off-seat PTO capability. You have to put a weight heavy enough to "fool" the seat switch (I do NOT recommend disabling that switch!!!) if you expect to use an implement like a chipper, log splitter or generator.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #4  
I like to have the loader removed when mowing in the fields. Have fences on two sides and forgot to raise the loader when trying to get close to the edge. Wops there went a wood post. It also adds weight to the front. Just seems nicer with it off. How much more is it for a Deere with the removable loader?

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU
James

The 3005 (Old 790, very strong tractor, one of my co-workers has one) is 1000 dollars less, and the 3320 with the hydro is allmost 6000 more.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #6  
It was about thirty years ago that the big tractors all went to quick dismount loaders. We haven't sold but a few used ones since and they are the hardest to sell with a tractor when they come in used.

It's not so much when things are all new, and compacts do get traded in more often then ag farm tractors!
It's when the tractor has a couple of years on it that there might be a leak under the hood that is harder to get at because of having to get behind the loader arm. It's having to split the tractor for a repair that the loader has to be removed to do it and the additional time that is required to do the work.

It's carrying the extra weight that is not needed all the time and causes ground to be compacted hindering good growth Alright lets just blacktop everything and paint it green and BP please don't loose any more oil as I need more fuel to keep my tractor going because I like that heavy feeling!

Besides the fact of the loader, I'd do a three range transmission any day of the week for performance over a two range transmission in a heart beat!!!!!!! That over time would be a thousand dollar value to the operator on the average and more under the right conditions!

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #7  
I just went through the same predicament, but after many hours of trying to decide which one to buy I finally went with the Kubota :thumbsup:, because of the removable FEL. I took off the FEL after mowing about one hour and feel more secure without it hanging off the front end and bouncing around. I completed my mowing in about 4 hours. It is so easy to remove and install, takes about 3 to 4 minutes. I'm sure you will make the right decision for your needs as either tractor is a great buy. You can't go wrong on either one.

Curt

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #8  
I have to say that most people with a QA loader (over the 19+ years I have been in the business) do not remove it very frequently, if ever. That being said, there is a retro-fit kit available for the people that would like to remove the 305 loader from the 3E series tractors. List price is $325.00

Parking stand kit
305 Loader shown in parked position
Pins retain parking stands in torque tube

With BW15872 parking stand kit, the 305 Loader can now be quickly and easily removed from the tractor without tools.

The kit includes the following:
Parking stands
Handled pins
Hydraulic hoses
Quick-couplers
Mounting bracket and hardware

Code Bundle Description
BW15872 Parking stand kit

Attachments

• 305_BW15872.jpg
    305_BW15872.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 1,223
  • 305_BW15872.2.jpg
    305_BW15872.2.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 899
   / John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU #9  
Both are good tractors. I won't have ANOTHER non quick detach loader. Working/servicing is so much easier with the loader removed. No, I don't remove my loader often, but need tat option on some.

/ John Deere 3032e vs Kubota B3300SU
Thanks for all the information so far. I am gonna go by the JD dealer tomorrow morning and drive the 3032, and check on the detachment kit that you all posted.