Buying Advice Need high cutting height

/ Need high cutting height #1  

PastureKing

Tractor
JD 950
I need to cur a section of my land at maximum height. Perhaps as high as 5 or 6 inches.
Does anyone know who makes a riding mower that can adjust this high?

/ Need high cutting height #2  
I have a Farris zero turn mower with a max cutting height setting of 5".

nanaman

/ Need high cutting height #3  
Looks like Nana gave you a great suggestion!

Now, do you have a method of cutting currently? If so, is it a tractor (I mean a CUT, not a lawn tractor)?
Most Rear Finishing Mowers can be adjusted to mow 5" if you don't want a machine dedicated for this task. If you are just interested in mowing (lawn only, no fields or unimproved areas), a zeroturn might be your best bet.

/ Need high cutting height #5  
The Simplicity Legacy XL, and JD X700 mmm's both can be raised to 5", and I have used mine often at that height.

/ Need high cutting height #6  
Ferris 5100Z goes up to 6". My guess is the area you are working on is kind of rough, so the front suspension on the Ferris will come in handy as well.

/ Need high cutting height #7  
Ferris 5100Z goes up to 6". My guess is the area you are working on is kind of rough, so the front suspension on the Ferris will come in handy as well.

Do you sell Ferris, Bulldog?
Just curious...

/ Need high cutting height #8  
Do you sell Ferris, Bulldog?
Just curious...

No, actually I have never even seen one.

I really like the idea of a front suspension, though. I have a Deere zero turn, that can make my teeth rattle when I hit a pothole at full speed.

It is amazing how many nice zero turns there are. This question about cutting height intrigued me, and I just started poking around a bit.

/ Need high cutting height
Thanks for the input.

I use a JD 950 w/ CountryLine (TSC) rotary cutter for pastures. Around the house I use a White 42" Riding Mower. We have some 'paths' through the wooded area, but it requires a higher adjustment than I can get with the mower and too narrow for the JD.

I did pull a Swisher rotary cutter w/ ATV, but have had many problems with Swisher. My hope is to find a replacement for the mower, but want to be able to set the mower height at the highest I could find.

Have a great weekend.