Tractor Sizing Looking at Kioti

/ Looking at Kioti #1  

purochevy

I am looking to buy a 45 hp kioti with a loader. I will be working with round bales. Is it enough hp to work with round bales? I want to be able to lift and stack up to two high.

/ Looking at Kioti #2  
Yes. Do search in the Kioti forum. You'll find many testiments for that exact purpose.

/ Looking at Kioti #3  
I think any Kioti from DK40 up would do fine. I don't routinely lift bales with my DK45SC but it did the job with no sweat the last time I recovered one from my fence where it rolled after the neighbor baled it. If these are very heavy bales, you might be more comfortable with some sort of rear ballast, especially if your hay fields are hilly. Also, loading might be a bit quicker and smoother with a HST rather than gear model.
BOB

/ Looking at Kioti
Thanks for the info guys. The one I am looking at is a DS4510. How would I know if it is a HST? They are offering me the tractor, loader, shreader, box blade, and hay spear for 23395.00 with a 2500.00 rebate and 500.00 down. That would put me at 20395.00 with 364.00 x 72 months. I like that deal but was wanting to know if I should go with more horsepower? The DK55, but they quoted me a price of 27600.00 for the tractor and loader. If I take the package which includes a heavy duty shreader, box blade and bale spear it would come to 29, something. Can't remember cause I was shocked. I am thinking whatever I buy it will be a Kioti or Mahindra those are the only ones I can afford at this time. The Mahindra they offered me a 5530 2wd for 21,911.00 zero down and 278.00 x 72 months. That package would include tractor, loader, heavy duty shreader, and hay spear. They said the 4wd would probably put me at 25,000.00 for the tractor and loader alone, but that the Kioti would be much better for the price. What do you all think? If I want this prices I would have to sign by the end of June. Thanks in advance.

/ Looking at Kioti #6  
The DS4510 is not HST. I'm pretty sure it's shuttle shift. Nothing wrong with that; that's what I have. HST is better for loader work though. I'm not sure it's the same loader as the DK45. The dealer should be able to detail out the differences.

/ Looking at Kioti #7  
For lifting you are comparing the wrong spec. It isn't the HP you need to handle round bales, what you need to compare is the weight of the tractor and the lift capacities. The heavier the more the tractor will handle.

/ Looking at Kioti #8  
DK40SE and DS4110 and up all have loaders that lift AT LEAST 2700lbs at the pivot pins.

BTI

/ Looking at Kioti
DK40SE and DS4110 and up all have loaders that lift AT LEAST 2700lbs at the pivot pins.

BTI

Thanks. I will be going to test one out tomorrow or Friday with a round bale. See how it does, I will probably have to add some weight to the back.

/ Looking at Kioti #10  
Really think about 4WD. There have been multiple times when the loader is loaded and I have to back up the slightest incline and my rears spin with weighted tires. Kick it in 4WD and back I go.

A 2WD tractor, with a bale out front, backing up may not perform to your liking. Just something to ponder.