Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking at Kioti

I am looking to buy a 45 hp kioti with a loader. I will be working with round bales. Is it enough hp to work with round bales? I want to be able to lift and stack up to two high.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Default Re: Looking at Kioti

Yes. Do search in the Kioti forum. You'll find many testiments for that exact purpose.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45SC

I think any Kioti from DK40 up would do fine. I don't routinely lift bales with my DK45SC but it did the job with no sweat the last time I recovered one from my fence where it rolled after the neighbor baled it. If these are very heavy bales, you might be more comfortable with some sort of rear ballast, especially if your hay fields are hilly. Also, loading might be a bit quicker and smoother with a HST rather than gear model.
    BOB

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK45S

Definately up to the task.
    "The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them."
    Albert Einstein

A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves. - Edward R. Murrow

"Being smart is not how much you know, it's knowing where to look."
    R. James

Thanks for the info guys. The one I am looking at is a DS4510. How would I know if it is a HST? They are offering me the tractor, loader, shreader, box blade, and hay spear for 23395.00 with a 2500.00 rebate and 500.00 down. That would put me at 20395.00 with 364.00 x 72 months. I like that deal but was wanting to know if I should go with more horsepower? The DK55, but they quoted me a price of 27600.00 for the tractor and loader. If I take the package which includes a heavy duty shreader, box blade and bale spear it would come to 29, something. Can't remember cause I was shocked. I am thinking whatever I buy it will be a Kioti or Mahindra those are the only ones I can afford at this time. The Mahindra they offered me a 5530 2wd for 21,911.00 zero down and 278.00 x 72 months. That package would include tractor, loader, heavy duty shreader, and hay spear. They said the 4wd would probably put me at 25,000.00 for the tractor and loader alone, but that the Kioti would be much better for the price. What do you all think? If I want this prices I would have to sign by the end of June. Thanks in advance.

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

The DS4510 is not HST. I'm pretty sure it's shuttle shift. Nothing wrong with that; that's what I have. HST is better for loader work though. I'm not sure it's the same loader as the DK45. The dealer should be able to detail out the differences.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra -------------

For lifting you are comparing the wrong spec. It isn't the HP you need to handle round bales, what you need to compare is the weight of the tractor and the lift capacities. The heavier the more the tractor will handle.
    Galen LaWall
    Your Mahindra Tractor Dealer
    185 Pearl Street
    Batavia, New York 14020

Tractor
    Haven't decided yet......It'll be a Kioti None the less

DK40SE and DS4110 and up all have loaders that lift AT LEAST 2700lbs at the pivot pins.

BTI
    **EARTH FIRST----We'll Clear-cut the other planets LATER**

*******The poster formerly known as Kiohio******

740-753-9242

Quote Originally Posted by BTI View Post
    DK40SE and DS4110 and up all have loaders that lift AT LEAST 2700lbs at the pivot pins.

BTI
    Thanks. I will be going to test one out tomorrow or Friday with a round bale. See how it does, I will probably have to add some weight to the back.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35

Really think about 4WD. There have been multiple times when the loader is loaded and I have to back up the slightest incline and my rears spin with weighted tires. Kick it in 4WD and back I go.

A 2WD tractor, with a bale out front, backing up may not perform to your liking. Just something to ponder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast