Learn from my mistake

/ Learn from my mistake #21  
[blue"All the products built by Midwest conform to the Cat 1 standard and are quick hitch compatible"</font color=blue>

Would this include all products made by Midwest for 'others'? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Learn from my mistake #23  
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know not all of us can afford a Power-Trac. I am stuck using an ATV, a makeshift "3 point", and OLD, used implements. As far as changing implements goes, anytime I need another tool I have to design and build it from scratch. Weight and flexibility are key to what I can use. Robert

/ Learn from my mistake #24  
And I bet you've spent less than most of us and can disconnect your "tractor" and zoom around the countryside like a rabbit /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Have you come up with some sort of 'standard' for your ATV that you can adapt your implements to?

/ Learn from my mistake #25  
isn't too bad farmall fast hitch did't become standard, i grew up using fast hitch, never get off the seat to swap implements.
that was the easiest i have used to swap implements. I dont know if any of you ever used it or not, i have never tried a 3pt quick attach deal yet but i think i might now.

/ Learn from my mistake #26  
I use a landpride quick hitch and am VERY happy with it. Fits everything I use on the same setting except for the boxblade. I have to drop the toplink connection down to use that. Two cotter pins so it's pretty easy. I also had to modify the box blade by cutting out enough metal for the bottom of the quick hitch to clear. Not perfect or I wouldn't have had to do all that but vastly superior to NOT having it. Not as good as a Freedom hitch but a LOT less expensive. I wouldn't be without one. Now I save my cussin for REAL problems!

/ Learn from my mistake #27  
Jim,
Where can I find the industry standards for the Categories ... My JD 5220 manual states that a Cat I is 26-7/8" wide between the lower pins and a Cat II is 32-7/16" ... the Cat I has a mast height of 18" and Cat II is 19" ... are these none standard? I am also thinking of a Quick Hitch and thought that I could use these numbers which I would have thought to be standard ...
Leo

/ Learn from my mistake
Tim,

The standard calls for a diameter that is same as for a cat III top pin. It is a real easy fix. Buy one cat I to Cat II top link bushing , and one CAT II to CAT III top link bushing for each implement. Leave it on the implement. The two bushings I bought Friday cost less than $1 each. No more top link slop.