50 horse utility tractors

/ 50 horse utility tractors #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
I have kind of fell out of the loop on the utility tractor market the last three years. I find myself constantly wanting to replace my Ford 640 gas with a 2wd diesel. So for you guys who have recently bought a new tractor what have you found out there? I am just toying with the idea but I keep looking at the price of used 2wd diesel tractors that are 20-30 years old and can't see spending that much compared to a new basic utility tractor.

It will mainly be used for general property maintaince like brush chopping, moving equipment but also for use in and around the vineyard, hay fields and tilled ground.

I am most likely going with an open station tractor on this one as I am also going to have to buy a narrow vineyard tractor that will have a cab. So just a nice simple 2wd utility tractor :)

These companies have all changed their models since I last followed them so I have no idea what prices you guys are paying and if your finding any problems with some models over others. I am kind of leaning towards buying John Deere but am not stuck on any one brand. I have JD, NH, Case-IH, MF, Landini, Kubota, Deutz-Fahr, TYM, Mahindra, Agco (well, I think it was Agco but if I recall they are dropping the Agco brand), Valtra, Kioti and Bobcat dealers here. I think there is a McCormick dealer also so any brand is an option. I would lean towards a main linke like JD, CNH, Agco/MF and Kubota but won't rule out anyone.

So help me get my mind in gear here and tell me what you like about what you recently bought or tried out :) Thanks

/ 50 horse utility tractors #2  
Kubota MX5100. Nice simplistic 50 hp tractor. Available in 2 or 4 wheel drive.

/ 50 horse utility tractors #3  
I bought a new NH-4060 EHSS trans and 270 FEL, with a Woods Brush Bull mower.
This machine is awesome, with power and control....
It is 4wheel drive and R-4 tires.... I love the 4 whell drive in swampy areas... and the EHSS is great for loader work.
I am clearing 10 acres of heavy brush.. The brush is so dense you can't see or walk through it and when I'm through, there is nothing left but mulch (except of course and old washer, TV or other crap that the rural folk through in my "Fields"..
Lots of choises out there... I suspect there are several good quality machines out there and the dealer you feel the most comfort with , will be the one..
Good luck

Johno Geo

/ 50 horse utility tractors #4  
you ought to pack that 640 up and send it to florida for retirement when you replace it..

I hear there are plenty of retirement homes in florida for old 2wd gasser fords.. ;)

soundguy

/ 50 horse utility tractors #5  
I found a good used L5030 HSTC, but the MX and L are more basic tractors at a more economical price. I like the tilt steering and other amenities, but some prefer the basic no frills tractor; good luck.

/ 50 horse utility tractors
you ought to pack that 640 up and send it to florida for retirement when you replace it..

I hear there are plenty of retirement homes in florida for old 2wd gasser fords.. ;)

soundguy

I only know of one personally :)

/ 50 horse utility tractors #7  
only takes one! :)

Or in the words of conner from the highlander movie..

there can be only one

:)

soundguy

I found a good used L5030 HSTC, but the MX and L are more basic tractors at a more economical price. I like the tilt steering and other amenities, but some prefer the basic no frills tractor; good luck.

For this tractor it will most likely just be a simple, basic tractor. I will consider options like FWA, Cab and transmissions but it will be a gear tractor and not a hydro. It is just a basic utility tractor and will not need a lot of frills. The vineyard tractor when I buy it will have all the frills, but it is going to be a tractor I spend a lot of time in and thats the difference. This other one is just to have a more capable extra tractor to help out on the farm.

Does the 5030 come in gear also or is it only a hydro?

only takes one! :)

Or in the words of conner from the highlander movie..

there can be only one

:)

soundguy

Well, when I get ready to decide to part with it I will give you a call. Who knows, maybe I will deliver it on my way to take Ava to Disney :D

/ 50 horse utility tractors #10  
are you only looking at new?

soundguy