Buying Advice Kubota MX 4700

/ Kubota MX 4700 #1  

coach S

Can anyone comment on the Kubota MX4700? Will the MX5100 replace it next year or will kubota keep both models? I am in the process of pricing both. Thanks.

/ Kubota MX 4700 #2  
Can anyone comment on the Kubota MX4700? Will the MX5100 replace it next year or will kubota keep both models? I am in the process of pricing both. Thanks.

I have no inside information (I am in no way affiliated with Kubota), but near as I can tell the MX4700 is a 47 HP version of the MX5100. The price difference is about $1k. I don't think one is meant to replace the other.

If one had to be dropped, I would think the MX4700 would go. The relatively small increase in $$$ gets you a few more HP. I have never seen an MX4700, so I don't know if it is physically different in size.

I recently purchased an M8540HD12 and love it. However, a close friend of mine bought an MX5100 a couple of years ago. It is a great tractor. Because of the cost (relatively low) and HP (lots for the money), I call it Kubota's "sleeper". If I did not go with an "M" I would have bought the MX5100.

/ Kubota MX 4700 #4  
My recommendation: If you've not already bought one... look for something else.

We purchased a 2009 MX4700 in December, 2009. Tractor worked flawlessly for first 15 hours, then suddenly developed a "steering lock" problem when any weight was on the loader.

We've spent countless hours conversing with the dealer, tech support, field rep's, and sales rep's. The tractor has been back to the dealer twice, pressures checked, tire pressures checked, fluid/filter changes, and with less than 35 hours, it still won't STEER with ANY WEIGHT on the loader!

STAY CLEAR of this one..... :mad:

/ Kubota MX 4700 #5  
Dang, mine must be about ready to explode....I'm at 17 hours.

mkane09