Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #11  
Myself previously looking at these two models when purchasing, on the JD I didn't like the 2 speed trans, hoses hanging under floor for the FEL, Eaton Hydrostat Pump...(Kubota uses Piston Pump rather than "Roller Ball Design")..

other than those things they were a good comparison...

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #12  
Yes, the HST pedal preference is an individual thing, I have both and overall prefer the Kubota, but could live with either, actually do.

I don't know how easy it is to remove the FEL on the John Deere, but Kubota loaders take less than five minutes. I can take the one off of my BX2660 or L5030 in well under five minutes and may do so more than once a day. I am more likely to remove my FEL than my QA bucket.

Both tractors are good; just going to boil down to which one you like best, as there really is no way you will wind up with a bad tractor.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320
You can put a Kubota QA from the B3200 on the B2320 loader which then enables you to add both forks, and a 60" light materials bucket.

I guess if someone has a B2320/LA304 and needs these features it is good to know it is at least possible.

I talked to one Kubota dealer today and he stated candidly it was really Kubota's way of directing you up their model line from their Bxx20 up to their premier Bxx30 line.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #14  
Both John Deere, and Kubota sometimes seem more interested in "moving you further up their line" than they do about wondering how many folks that moves to a different colored line! :D I like both brands a lot, and would love to have a small tractor with the best features of both. My Kubota, quite frankly, was bought partly because I had things I needed to get done before some hospital time, and the Kubota dealers had what I needed in stock, both to try out, and deliver. The only JD dealer I found locally that had what I wanted was a dealership with a poor reputation, otherwise my avatar might show different colors. I have enjoyed the Kubota, and think it is a somewhat "cleaner", and tougher tractor for use on my woods trails, etc. (no hoses haning down, etc.), and I find it comfortable, and strong to use. I like the ergonomics of the 4wd levers, etc., and perhaps the forward, and rear hydro pedals when doing things in reverse like snowblowing, etc. I have had "0" problems with it. I do wish it had usuable steering brakes, position control, and for casual use, I like the JD QA bucket arrangement better. I like the 3 range hydro, off seat Pto capabilities, two rear pto speeds, common tire sizes, and intergration of Kubota attachments (snowblower, front blade, etc.) better on mine, and I like the Kubota backhoes, and mounting better........

Curious. It seems replies are coming from everyone but John Deere owners?

.. two rear pto speeds

I know the B2320 rear PTO is standard 540 rpm plus to power their grass catcher it runs 960 rpm. Where else is the 960 rpm a benefit?

Am I correct in understanding the B2320 mid/rear PTO are always engaged together? Meaning you cant just have the mid running by itself.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #17  
I just came in from running my pto with my rototiller. Yes you can run the 540 independently, but not the mid pto. I've used the 960 on my chipper when working with small brush, and weeds, etc. My Wallenstien chipper is rated at 1000 rpm so I guess it's all right, and it sure processes that green stuff, and viney stuff in a hurry! You do have to put a sandbag in the tractor seat to run the rear pto at that speed off seat though. To be honest, I really don't know what else it might be good for.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #18  
Curious. It seems replies are coming from everyone but John Deere owners?

It probably is just because there are more Kubotas out there this size than JD's perhaps. I've not seen much discussion on the smaller tractors in the JD forum this year, and don't know what is up with that. They are fine tractors by all accounts.

I just came in from running my pto with my rototiller. Yes you can run the 540 independently, but not the mid pto.

Thanks for confirming. Guess you have to be careful about disconnecting a rear PTO attachment when running the mid PTO. Say for instance if you have a MMM and rear tiller attached at same time.

/ Kubota B2320 vs John Deere 2320 #20  
The benefit of being able to just remove the bucket is this enables you to put different attachements on the loader frame so it's much more versatile.

The 200cx parking loader takes a couple of minutes to remove.

Make sure you take everything into account. Which tractor can you get parts for more easily? Which one has the best resale if you want to go up? Whose the better dealer? Are implements more expensive on one for the same implement? Which has the more implements associated with it? Does one offer better terms? Drive them both too and drive a model or two up just to see what you're getting.

I don't know the Kubota but I had a 2320 and it was a nice little tractor, good for mowing, blowing, etc.

Rob